We booked in to The Islander for a half night before our 1am departure from Rarotonga back home out of pure convenience to the airport (2min walk).
What we weren't expecting was a beautifully pre-air conditioned room, super comfy beds & pillows and the most amazing bar and restaurant!
What started out as a fill-in accommodation ended up being somewhere we wish we had of had time to stay at for longer.
We had drinks at the beachfront bar watching the sun set, served by a fantastic bar tender who was friendly and talkative.
The food we had in the restaurant was incredible! The seafood platter which priced for one came out huge and big enough for the two of us (photos do not do justice).
So fresh and great flavours.
The live music was a perfect accompaniment to the whole experience.
Couldn't fault these guys!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Airport Hotel is a great value for money 3 star beachfront hotel directly across the road from Rarotonga International Airport on the waterfront featuring 13 Cabanas, Coco Grill Restaurant, Tiki Bar, pool, outdoor dining, sandy beach, daily sunsets, low-cost wifi, Sky Sports on Big Screen, Live bands and unpretentious island style service from a team of dedicated Islanders. Our HULA bar on the beach offers all day happy hour from 11am to 11pm Mon to Sun with NZD3.50 beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks. Bring your own music with our 'U-DJ' product. Great for friends and family who wish to soak in Rarotonga's warm sunshine with cold cold drinks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Rarotonga Avarua
- The Islander Hotel Cook Islands/Avarua, Rarotonga