Last day, we flew back to Rarotonga and stayed at The Islander Hotel which was conveniently across the street from the airport. We didn't stay overnight because our flight back home was at 12 midnight. The hotel was much nicer than expected such as being very clean, very little bugs (cockroaches, ants, flies, mosquito) compared to other places we stayed at. It had A/C, ceiling fan, small refrigerator, coffee/tea station, TV, and phone. Bathroom was good size and clean. We arrived at 10 am and they had room available so they allowed us to check in 4 hours early (official check in is 2pm) which was nice of them to do without charging me. We had room that overlooked ocean but there is not beach access from hotel. We walked 5 min. north to a nice calm beach area where we snorkeled. We had our own snorkel mask/pipe but borrowed fins from them which is complimentary. The hallway can be very noisy as well as the band playing at the bar at the beach in evenings. If you're in the 2 rooms that face the street, then band noise is probably not heard but the rest of the 11 beach facing units will. The rooms safe did not seem to work where digital display said "Error".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Airport Hotel is a great value for money 3 star beachfront hotel directly across the road from Rarotonga International Airport on the waterfront featuring 13 Cabanas, Coco Grill Restaurant, Tiki Bar, pool, outdoor dining, sandy beach, daily sunsets, low-cost wifi, Sky Sports on Big Screen, Live bands and unpretentious island style service from a team of dedicated Islanders. Our HULA bar on the beach offers all day happy hour from 11am to 11pm Mon to Sun with NZD3.50 beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks. Bring your own music with our 'U-DJ' product. Great for friends and family who wish to soak in Rarotonga's warm sunshine with cold cold drinks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your The Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Rarotonga Avarua
- The Islander Hotel Cook Islands/Avarua, Rarotonga