US$150
US$203
US$196
US$81
  • Pool
The Edgewater Resort & Spa(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
US$665
Cancelon
US$525
US$358
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Paradise Inn(Avarua)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooms are spaciouspolice stationmalcolmaitutakiairportislandwifibudget
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We stayed at Central Motel for a night between our arrival in Rarotonga and our departure for Aitutaki. Malcolm picked us up from the airport at 10 pm and drove us back the next day. Malcolm is lovely and very uncomplicated.
The rooms are big and clean and the beds comfy. The bathroom was a little outdated but there's no need to upgrade and generate more waste on this tiny island. We found that is was quieter than other more fancy places. We stayed on the ground floor and would advise asking for a room upstairs if you want more privacy.

The motel is walking distance from everything that you need on arrival: ATM, police station, post office, telephone, rental... It's a great place to stay on arrival while you get a feel of the Cook Islands and if you're not the resort type, it's just perfect for a longer stay (if you a car). There are some really nice cafes and restaurants around and the harbour is a great place to relax. We felt more comfortable here than at the resort with stayed at the end of our trip.

Room Tip: I would advise choosing the upper floor for more privacy
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Veronique L
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Central Motel is A M A Z I N G. Convenient location. Close to cafes, gift shops, supermarkets, and the bus depot. Tidy, spacious, tiled, cool rooms. Quaint relaxing courtyard to sit with a book or a coffee or if you must, a ciggie. But, as many other have said, the absolute best part of this place would be the part owner; a charming, organised, hilarious, friendly, reliable (the list goes on) man who is flexible and knowledgable and more than happy to help with transfers and any other questions you may have. Didn't want to leave!!! Would return again and again. Thank you Malcolm.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank rhiannascott
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I chose this place for location to work. My other expectations were low, but what a lovely surprise. From the moment the lovely host greeted me at the airport there were smiles and just the best customer service. I had an aircon room which was spacious, comfortable & clean, basic but functional. I'd definitely go back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank db7andy
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We needed someplace to stay for 1 night as well as staying a bit late the next day, as our flight left at 11 pm. No one on airbnb or other similar sites had any availability. I had read a review somewhere saying some Central Hotel guests were there "hourly" so I was a bit concerned, but in a bit of a panic I reached out to Central Motel.

Malcolm to the rescue! He was so relaxed and easy to work with. Nothing was a problem. We could pay a bit extra and stay until we needed to get to our flight.

While on Aitutaki, our local friend Charlie mentioned that Central Motel, Malcolm and Joe were fabulous and where he always stays while in Raro. I felt better.

At the airport, we were met with a hearty hello from Joe. A character with a plethora of stories and jokes, I could tell immediately that we were in good hands.

The room was large, equipped with what you need for coffee/tea and a frig. The bed was large and comfy. There is a small wading pool to cool off. The location is just 1 block from the roundabout, so close to everything, but quiet. Nothing dramatic, but easy.

Joe, a stand-in manager for Malcolm who was off the island, was a delight to have around. Any question was answered, any request was no problem. We invited him to join us for a coca cola with some friends. He is a hoot!

Other guests we met were regular travelers. Not sure if the earlier reviewer was there during spring break or some crazy party time, but I would not hesitate to recommend Central Motel for your stay, short or long, in Avarua.

Thanks Joe and Malcolm for welcoming us to your corner of the world!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison K
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

The staff here were great in helping us with a partial nights stay before a midnight flight.
Transfers are done by the onsite manager who always makes himself available to you.
Room was quite dated but mainly clean. Stains on the curtain was the only thing we could fault. Having a mini bar was a nice change too! And not badly priced.

All in all, good centrally based motel for the price.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends