US$146
US$70
  • Beachfront
Paradise Inn(Avarua)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooms are spaciouspolice stationmalcolmaitutakiairportislandbudget
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Central Motel is A M A Z I N G. Convenient location. Close to cafes, gift shops, supermarkets, and the bus depot. Tidy, spacious, tiled, cool rooms. Quaint relaxing courtyard to sit with a book or a coffee or if you must, a ciggie. But, as many other have said, the absolute best part of this place would be the part owner; a charming, organised, hilarious, friendly, reliable (the list goes on) man who is flexible and knowledgable and more than happy to help with transfers and any other questions you may have. Didn't want to leave!!! Would return again and again. Thank you Malcolm.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank rhiannascott
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I chose this place for location to work. My other expectations were low, but what a lovely surprise. From the moment the lovely host greeted me at the airport there were smiles and just the best customer service. I had an aircon room which was spacious, comfortable & clean, basic but functional. I'd definitely go back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank db7andy
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We needed someplace to stay for 1 night as well as staying a bit late the next day, as our flight left at 11 pm. No one on airbnb or other similar sites had any availability. I had read a review somewhere saying some Central Hotel guests were there "hourly" so I was a bit concerned, but in a bit of a panic I reached out to Central Motel.

Malcolm to the rescue! He was so relaxed and easy to work with. Nothing was a problem. We could pay a bit extra and stay until we needed to get to our flight.

While on Aitutaki, our local friend Charlie mentioned that Central Motel, Malcolm and Joe were fabulous and where he always stays while in Raro. I felt better.

At the airport, we were met with a hearty hello from Joe. A character with a plethora of stories and jokes, I could tell immediately that we were in good hands.

The room was large, equipped with what you need for coffee/tea and a frig. The bed was large and comfy. There is a small wading pool to cool off. The location is just 1 block from the roundabout, so close to everything, but quiet. Nothing dramatic, but easy.

Joe, a stand-in manager for Malcolm who was off the island, was a delight to have around. Any question was answered, any request was no problem. We invited him to join us for a coca cola with some friends. He is a hoot!

Other guests we met were regular travelers. Not sure if the earlier reviewer was there during spring break or some crazy party time, but I would not hesitate to recommend Central Motel for your stay, short or long, in Avarua.

Thanks Joe and Malcolm for welcoming us to your corner of the world!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison K
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

The staff here were great in helping us with a partial nights stay before a midnight flight.
Transfers are done by the onsite manager who always makes himself available to you.
Room was quite dated but mainly clean. Stains on the curtain was the only thing we could fault. Having a mini bar was a nice change too! And not badly priced.

All in all, good centrally based motel for the price.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 24 August 2016

A really good choice for an overnight stopover or couple of days in Avarua. This is a well-priced property, in a great location, with plenty of restaurants and The Punanga Nui Market within walking distance. The location is perfect if you want to be close to the city and the airport. In Rarotonga, you can go anywhere with the scooter or with the bus. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The Central Motel has an awesome host - Malcolm! He is a very nice person and took good care of us.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple