This is our second stay at Sunset Resort, last time was with a group of friends and this time just family. The resort accommodates both really well.
Firstly, it's only 30 odd rooms, but it feels bigger because it's spread out over a reasonably large area, beach front, two pool areas and spacious rooms. So even with what we discovered was 3 different groups of 8-10 people staying it didn't feel busy.
The pools are lovely, we did the free introduction to diving and followed it up with a 45 min lagoon dive - fabulous experience.
Sitting on the beach or in a hammock watching the sunset is just so relaxing and recharging for the soul.
The rooms are big and spacious, personally we liked the first story poolside rooms - the one bedroom end units are fab! All the amenities are top, air con, kitchenette, comfy beds. Some of the shutters needed a little attention and there was a bit of wear and tear but I had to think real hard to point out that.
The Location is away from the hustle of Muri, which is what we wanted. It was quiet and at a good pace. Of course the island is only 32km around so you can go join the hustle anytime.
We did one outing, loop of the island each day. Whether it was markets, snorkelling spots, lunch at moorings - too easy.
The on site restaurant has a fresh - very awesome fresh fruit! - breakfast daily. On Sunday nights the BBQ is fun with some of the staff / family in training for Polynesian Dance it's a great way to get to know them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga
- Sunset Resort Cook Islands/Avarua, Rarotonga