“Fantastic food in a gorgeous hotel”

1921 Restaurant at Sofitel Montevideo Casino Carrasco & Spa
Ranked #12 of 1,152 Restaurants in Montevideo
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The food is superb as is the hotel, the service impeccable
A real treat to go for breakfast, lunch, tea... I´ve been there many times, for birthday celebrations or just to spend some time in beautiful surroundings, looking at the sea and the coastline, with friendly and excellent service.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Sometimes I think that I will take an airplane in Brazil and trave to here, only in order to came here. This wonderful restaurant. It is the top 10 of in the world .
Always wonderful experience. I love it.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I've been here a number of times since it opened a few years ago. It's a stretch to find anything at fault with this restaurant. The service is exceptional. The décor is classy and elegant and comfortable. I had the beet and brie pastry puff and it was both unique and delicious. It melted in my mouth.

I am docking a point because I expected a little more from the service staff. I didn't like the lettuce that was used for the small side salad. It was incredibly bitter rugula. When the server saw that I finished my entire entrée but didn't touch the salad, she asked why and I told her. For a restaurant of this caliber, she should have offered to swap out the salad with a milder / regular lettuce. It was very small and wouldn't have been any trouble. This isn't the kind of small issue that I would dock other restaurants for. At other places, this wouldn't even be something I would think much about. But because this is such a truly luxury 5-star hotel and restaurant, I was a little surprised.

If you go to Montevideo, try to visit this gorgeous, restored building if you can. There is nothing else like it in the city.

1  Thank WanderingEarthling
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Since 2014 we are going to Sofitel BUT RİGHT NOW WITH SHEF KAYWA HILTON SOFITEL HAS THE PLACE THAT MERITS !! The brunchs of Sunday are amazing !! The dinner also ! You must go !

Reviewed 24 January 2018

The products offered are varied and of high quality. The service is very attentive and the room is absolutely terrific! To top it off, it is not expensive. What's not to like?

Travellers who viewed 1921 Restaurant at Sofitel Montevideo Casino Carrasco & Spa also viewed

Montevideo, Montevideo Department

Been to 1921 Restaurant at Sofitel Montevideo Casino Carrasco & Spa? Share your experiences!