“Inside the Food Court of the Punta Carretas Mall”
Review of El Fogon

El Fogon
Ranked #94 of 1,168 Restaurants in Montevideo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2017

it never fails, it is odd to have a good restaurant in a Food Court, mainly fast food, but El Fogon, if you are already visiting the mall is a great option,and excellent food and meats, as well as great prices.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Our Business Group ate here. Food was good and hot. Service was a little slow. They tried to cater towards a luxury feel. Handing napkins and pouring your drink for you. The overall feel was trying to go beyond a mall food court place to something more. As I am not an expert in the local customs I can't comment if this is the norm. Compared to other places I ate over there this was a better one. However, if asked would I go there again, I am not sure.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

This is the best option if you find yourself in Punta Carretas and in need of sustenance. The food is very good and the service efficient. The selection of meat is good and quality as expected. I don't think I'd make a special trip to go here, but if we are going to Punta Carretas anyway, then this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

El Fogon (the bonfire) is tucked away on the third floor food court at Punta Carretas shopping mall. Having eaten in other food court venues, I wasn't expecting much. What a Surprise!!

We had a fine "Picada" selection (the no. 2) which is meal in itself, with meat, fries, and chorizo. In addition, I had a Picanha with a side salad and my wife had Salmon, which I think had too much oil (question of taste).

All in all an excellent parrilada.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Ate there twice - once in a group of 6, with an excellent parilla, once on my own with a nice steak followed by some gooed local 'Roquefort' (more like bleu d'Auvergne).

Good quality, friendly service and reasonable prices.

Easy to pass by because it is in the food area of the Punta Carretas shopping meal next to a bunch of fast food places.