“Very nice place”

Ranked #135 of 1,113 Restaurants in Montevideo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La esquina en donde funciona FACAL ha estado relacionada con la gastronomía desde 1882, fue fábrica de chocolates y dulce de membrillo. Se encuentra ubicado en una zona privilegiada dentro del Centro de Montevideo, siendo el lugar de encuentro para negocios, compras y turistas. En nuestra esquina se encuentra la FUENTE DE LOS CANDADOS, el punto más fotografiado del Centro de Montevideo. Contamos con un menú ejecutivo que dispone de platos no incluidos en la carta y que varían en cuanto a ingredientes y nacionalidades originales. Facal es de los pocos restaurantes que ofrecen una amplia variedad de churros, waffles y helados caseros. Además de los clásicos platos, como CHIVITOS, PIZZAS, MILANESAS, entre otros. Ofrecemos un SHOW de TANGO gratuito de lunes a sábados al mediodía en el frente al local (13:30 aproximadamente). A su vez te puedes sacar una foto con CARLOS GARDEL que se ubica en el deck, al lado de donde se baila Tango.
Reviewed 24 January 2018

While walking through Montevideo on a self guided tour, we chose to stop at this little place for a cappuccino. Service was excellent, free WiFi was available and the cappuccinos were very nice. It was a great place to take a little break and very classy inside.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Facal opened a branch for churros and ice-creams in Pocitos. Excellent service, excellent customer service, excellent products, try them, they are worth try them. It's a real competence to La Cigale in front of them in Roque Graseras and Scoseria. Prices and promotions turn it as a very competitive supplier of both products.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

The location is fantastic. Right on 18 de Julio. I have been there twice: for a coffee break and for dinner. Both occasions were very good. Prices are moderate and portions are really abundant. Service is fine. It varies from waiter to waiter but I would not consider it bad. I would definitely go back in my next visit to Montevideo.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I've eaten at Bar Facal a number of times on my visits to Montevideo, and I keep coming back for more for various reasons:
--Location: You can't beat it! Right on Ave. 18 de Julio, so grab a table by the window and watch the action on the street.
--Hours: Weekends can be tough to find a place open in El Centro, so Facal is always the perfect option for a quick bite.
--Food: I'm a vegetarian, so eating out in MVD can be tough, but Bar Facal does have options. Though the pizzetas are just OK, the canalones de verdura is fantastic! Also a really great value as well. Highly recommend.
--Service: In spite of the negative reviews on here, the service I've received at Facal has always been great. Went on a Sunday and my waiter from the previous day remembered me and came over to greet me and shake my hand. Yes, they are busy, but the wait staff seems very attentive and friendly on each of my visits.
--Price: The prices seem very good for MVD, and they accept Visa and Mastercard.
Overall I highly recommend Bar Facal. Good food and service at a very reasonable price in a fantastic location.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I go to Montevideo twice a year. Bar Facal is still a favorite when I want to grab something to eat but not go to a formal restaurant.

During this trip, I ate here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. My new favorite, barbecued chicken brochette with salad or fries. It's inexpensive, a decent meal, fast to serve, and above all, excellent. Chicken was perfectly seasoned and barbecued.

As always, I got excellent services from Facal waiters.

1  Thank Expat-in-Cabarete