“Very nice lunch with good meat made at the barbacue.”
Review of Terracota

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Punta Carretas
Reviewed 29 March 2018

All the meals are very good. Nice barbacue, but you can also order good pasta and fish. The service very friendly.
2 floor restaurant, well decorated. Interesting to have a lunch or dinner there.

1  Thank Pedro B

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

After telling the waiter that I was intolerant to a specific ingredient, and to therefore check with the chef to make sure that it was not present in the food I ordered, the waiter proceeded to serve me the dish, which to my dismay included a side made with the very ingredient I am intolerant to!!! After he "corrected" the mistake by getting rid of that side dish, I tasted the fish (grouper) I had ordered only to discover it was soooooo overcooked and dry, that I almost chocked trying to swallow it. A situation exacerbated by the fact that he never brought me the drink I'd ordered!
I requested he take my dish back, as it was inedible.
You can imagine my surprise then, when we discovered he charged us for that dish anyway!!!

Bottom line: while some of their dishes may be good, or even very good, the server's complete lack of ethics made this place not worth the trouble as far as we are concerned.

Paula and Barry from Dallas, Texas

1  Thank LSU A
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Had lunch with a group of 13 persons to celebrate my birthday and everybody was very satisfied with the quality of the food (excellent fish). Service was also very good especially taking into consideration that we were a larger that usual group.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We had a very good meal here. It would have been nice if they had an English version of the menu, staff spoke minimal English so ordering was tricky. Not cheap but food was good.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We stopped in at Terracotta for lunch on a recommendation from the concierge at our hotel and it was a good choice. An upmarket feel to the place was matched with good hearty meals and excellent service. The prices were a little high, but then it was much more than just a café style restaurant, and the quality of the food probably justified the higher prices. We were there on a Sunday afternoon, yet we had no trouble getting a table for four.

I would definitely recommend Terracotta for an enjoyable meal with friends. The staff were friendly and helpful and eager to help us, going out of their way to explain the menu to us, and to suggest dishes we may like. The food was very good, plentiful and tasty. A great find in Montevideo.