“Pizza Night”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Great pizza! I personally prefer thinner crust, but they have both options (which i thought was fantastic!). Im a vegetarian, and their where options in pasta as well as the pizza, and for starters an okayish eggplant carpaccio. But the overall service and food was great. The place is simple but nice (the chairs are a bit uncomfortable) oh and it gets warm because of the huge oven in the kitchen.
And to end it all, I had tiramisu ... wow it was soooo good, better than my grandmothers!

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I got a recommendation for this restaurant and took some co workers there. The food was very average and very overpriced for what was given. I ordered Spaghetti with vegetables, the Spaghetti was overcooked and in general the dish looked and taste like cheap noodles in an Asian takeaway. I expected more of the food.
The service was ok in general.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

We really enjoyed our time there with lovely staff and great food. Just not giving the maximum rating because the olives were very salty. Take a flyer of this restaurant from your Hotel and get a free entry course.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I usually go to this restaurant when I want to be in a italian atmosfere. Pasta is the main food with several sauces.
Small and very comfortable place if you like to be with family, friends or work.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

I and my husband stayed in Montevideo for ten days and tried to visit Ruffino three times for an early dinner, as open yours were advertised as 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM. However, we were not successful as the restaurant was always closed.

Finally, on our last day in the city, we made reservations for 8:30 PM and managed to have our Italian dinner.

My husband ordered Spaghetti alla Carbonara and it was nice. I ordered a Fettucine all'Alfredo and they first brought me another pasta. I complained about the mistake and they brought me the correct pasta but the sauce, even though declared as "Alfredo", had little to do with Alfredo sauce and was even served "au gratin"!!!

Ruffino has a nice atmosphere and an attractive menu, but service could improve!