“The Best Lomo Saltado & Tacu Tacu in Peru”
Review of Peru Buen Gusto

Peru Buen Gusto
Ranked #15 of 94 Restaurants in Urubamba
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

This review is long overdue! We went to Peru Buen Gusto after reading other TripAdvisor reviews and it ended up being one of our favorite places in over 2 months of traveling the country! It is a genuine local restaurant run completely by the owner. Our first visit we ordered the Tacu Tacu and Lomo Saltado which are similar but the Tacu Tacu comes with a bean/rice mix which is phenomenal! Even my boyfriend who hates beans loved it. Over our 2 weeks in the Sacred Valley we came here multiple times. We tried the fancier restaurants in Urubamba and none compared! It’s extremely affordable and the portions are large. Sometimes we only split one plate and it was plenty! Highly recommend a visit for authentic Peruvian food done right!

1  Thank DestSouthAmerica

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Decided to eat lunch here rather then the other tourist trap restaurants that the Sacred Valley tours drop everyone..
Excellent Lomo Soltado for a fair life price.
Recommended!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stayed one month in Peru and ate Lomo Saltado in many restaurants: the one we ate there was the best of all!! We really recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

This is a nice, small, homey restaurant that caters to the citizens of Urubamba. So if you want authentic, this is the place for you. I ordered the chicken soup which was one of the best that I have tasted in my life. It came with an enormous chicken leg in it! I learned later that if I had had better abilities in spanish, that I had the option of different chicken parts like breast, wings, etc. My brother had the special and it was also delicious.

1  Thank Binky_610
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Went there for lunch with my husband after a very long hike. Food is simple and tasty, portions are massive, we couldn't finish our dishes. Fabulous value for money

1  Thank Bouuba