All reviews excellent place to stay rooms are spacious stayed here lobby shower tour garden peru
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We stayed here two nights, June 20, 21 and arrived at night. Staff met us at the road with flash lights and loaded, carried our belongings down to the hotel for us. The path is a unique and adventurous way to get down to the hotel. And in the day, its gorgeous.

Pros:

Owner Xavier and his wife are gems. Their number one goal is to make you feel like family. And they succeeded.

The hotel and its grounds are absolutely beautiful. Breathtakingly beautiful.

The stars at night. Wow.

The rooms are spacious, clean, the beds are very comfy with lots of blankets. The nicest place we stayed while visiting Peru.

The food was delicious.

There was hot tea of choice in the "lobby" every night when we got back.

Cons (kinda):

In our room, there was no hairdryer so I requested one and was given one - no problem.

We were a large group on a time line and all showering at the same times. In our room, we ran out of hot water. This was one and half showers in.

In the winter, there is no heat. At night it gets down to 30 degrees. This was the only REALLY negative about the place. We were freezing until we got to in to bed. Then it was a mental pep talk to get up to go potty or even get going in the morning. This is however common. My only suggestion would be to offer space heaters for those that ask.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to those wanting to stay in the area. Was worth the cold nights. (And this wouldn't be an issue during their summer.)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights and it was breathtakingly beautiful.
When we arrived we stopped on the side of a well used road and were ushered down a small path. When our group walked into the grounds we were all amazed and how picture perfect it was.

Grounds- beautifully maintained and amazing mountain views.
Owners- If only every owner cared as much as this family does for their guests, we'd all live in a much happier world. Anything and I mean everything was taken care of for us. Perfect in every way.
Food- top notch dining and quite healthy as well! Amazing food and dining room.
Rooms- each was unique and spacious. The hand crafted woodwork caught my eye immediately and the owner and I had a lengthy conversation about the jungle wood and how long it took to dry. Again, breathtakingly beautiful.

As a side note- I traveled with my wife and my students here. The owners have a young son whom my studnets loved playing soccer with and also enjoyed the company of their dog "Book". If I could travel here again tomorrow, I would stay here again.
The courtyard and grounds were amazing just to sit down and stare at the scenery. The stars at night are also something that must be seen.
Ive traveled to many places on this enormous earth and I have to say this has been my favorite thus far.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jay H
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Our group of 17 enjoyed a wonderful and relaxing time after exploring the region each day. We are grateful for this hotel's family and the opportunity to stay in such a clean, peaceful and enjoyable place. Très bien ! If you visit, be sure to pet Buck for us.

Room Tip: Every room seems to be a good room.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank HistoryGal2009
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Willka Rumi was a lovely find. Tucked away down a path off the main road, this inn was perfect for our group of 30. From the warm welcome upon arrival, to the comfortable rooms and beautiful gardens, to the wonderfully fresh meals, we felt at home during our too-short two night stay here. The owners, Javier and his charming family, made sure we had everything we needed. Even a small problem with the shower in my room was addressed by Javier himself, within minutes of my mentioning it.
If I ever am lucky enough to find myself in Peru again, Willka Rumi will be my first choice.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Ericka E, Propietario at Willka Rumi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Thank you for you BigWoodsMom and for your group of 30 students , you are here and in our guest when you want you are in your house,my family and me remember you.
And teacher I remember that you say to me ,the last day in the morning and I think so you good
mom with your 10 dogsrefuge.I hope i dont make a mistake.

Welcome to willkarumi that you want and I hope you are good travel and trip in Peru.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Easily one of the best hotels I've stayed in throughout my tour of Peru. The rooms are amazing the sights are beautiful. The owners are very nice and if your lucky you get to see their dog Buck. The hotel is secluded which is great for the type of person who likes to appreciate the outdoors and nature. (Pictured: view from my room)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Ericka E, Gerente at Willka Rumi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Thank you dear is a pleasure for me and our family received your group of guests in our Motel, guest house.I hope you have good hollidays in Peru.

All our family and Buck our chien you do a pleasure to received our guests.

Welcome to Sacred Valley in Urubamba Cuzco.

Good day for you and yours family.