“Gourmet comfort food in the Sacred Valley”
Review of Uru Gastropub

Uru Gastropub
Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in Urubamba
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Amazing place that serves delicious gourmet food. Vegetarian and family friendly. The fried zucchini is one of the best I've tasted.

1  Thank miranagarajan

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

In Peru (and south America in general), you're used to making do with approximate recipe substitutions and thinking "yeah, that's... just about what I was looking for."

This place is the real deal. We had the fried chicken sandwiches and the strawberry shortcake dessert. Both excellent.

In fact, the balance of the pickles, tender chicken, house Chick-fil-A style sauce and fluffy rolls make it a TOP 5 CHICKEN SANDWICH.

And I take my chicken sandwiches terrifyingly seriously.

Recommended, can't wait to go back, and a complete no-brainer if you're spending a few days in the Valle Sagrado area.

1  Thank Joe H
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I wanted a urban place which is hard to find around here but Uru Gastro is all that and then some because not only was the food really good and well prepared (I had the Christmas set menu) the two chefs; husband and wife were really nice, relaxed and offered their help if needed here in Peru. Can highly recommend if you want a more urban touch and food.

1  Thank leifsdotter99
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Great little place with nice atmosphere. The prawn soup was very nice, the burger was large and juicy with great chips. The Pisco was fantastic.

1  Thank Jean G
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My friend recommended this spot and I was so glad we checked it out. We were planning to go to a later dinner (7:30), but found that it was closed at 8pm so opted to go for lunch instead. The food was delicious, fresh, and beautifully presented. The menu seemed more limited at lunch, but was approachable. We had the panzanella salad and chicken with mac & cheese that provided a nice "break" from purely traditional Peruvian food, but both were still made with the addition of fresh, local ingredients so they felt different than what you'd find in the US. The owners were friendly and offered any help we needed on our trip via Facebook.