All reviews private garden inca ruins recommend hostal bread helpful with restaurant suggestions sacred valley eggs hot water machu picchu train station resident cat plastic bottles mp tickets warm blankets bed was comfortable the main square fresh fruit
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Didn't expect to love this hotel so much. Seems like a sketchy location at first but the hotel is very nice inside and safe. Our balcony overlooked the Incan ruins in the hills and was SO nice to relax and just soak it all in. Backs on to this perfect little cobblestone street that feels like stepping back in time.The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful and we loved Pici, the sweet hotel cat. Highly recommend this place!!

Room Tip: We loved our balcony and the view from room 4!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights separately (with a night in agua Calientes/Machu Picchu in between). Overall we loved the rooms. They are quite small but have a great touch of personality. At the end of the day it is a hostal, but it’s very clean, nicely located, and has friendly staff! If staying here on your way to Machu Picchu i recommend this! It’s a quick walk to the center and from there an easy moto taxi to train station. As we were coming back to the hotel after Machu Picchu, we left our luggage behind. When we came back they already placed it back in our rooms.

Super helpful staff and were willing to help with any needs including letting us borrow the laptop since we traveled without computers and site didn’t work on iPhone.

I highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Great views, cozy room, comfortable bed, good shower, tasty breakfast (natural orange juice, fresh sliced fruit, eggs, hot oatmeal and more).

The place is run by its owner, who is super friendly.

We loved it there!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2018

My review is based upon Hostal Iskay being....well....a hostal NOT a hotel, motel, inn, or b&b. My husband and I stayed in room 7. You must go through the hostal office to get to this room which was fine by us. The room was spacious, clean, and the bed comfortable. The view is excellent with it being Ollantaytambo ruin. The staff was very helpful with advice and accommodating our needs (with box breakfast and lunch). We turned in our laundry at 6 pm and it came back by 10 pm. The hostal breakfast was okay make to order scrambled eggs and your basic meats, cheese, and breads.
I would recommend this hostal to families.

Room Tip: I would think any room would be nice at this hostal.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2018

My daughter and I recently stayed for 4 nights at Hostal Iskay acclimating before our Lares and Inca Trail Hikes. Iskay was an excellent choice for us. It was clean and conveniently located and the staff was very helpful. I would not hesitate to stay with them again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family