All reviews quiet side street few blocks kennedy park wi fi peru flight miraflores pickup jam midnight
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I just returned from my 2 week trip to Peru. I rented my own car and on my 1st night in Peru I booked 1 night here. It was a bit difficult to find, but found it after a second time around the block. I parked directly in front of the front door and looked for a way in.
I waited for the employee to answer the buzzer and went inside. After he secured my reservation I asked where I should park and pointed to the car DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL IN THE ONLY SPOT. I asked if that was a good spot (both in Spanish and English), he said "yes".
In the morning I went outside and my car was gone. The new front desk clerk didn't seem to understand what I was talking about when I mentioned my car being gone/towed, even though they had just towed the car an hour earlier. The car was clearly visible from the front desk and from the many security cameras pointed at the street. The woman at the front desk helped me get directions to the local government office to get my car. After 3 hours of total headache and $200usd I got my car and started my trip.
I returned to the hotel and asked why the man at the front desk would tell me to park there if it was a "No Parking Zone". (DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE FRONT DOOR OF THE HOTEL). She said they talked to him and he said that he didn't say that. She then asked me to pay $35usd for my room and offered no condolences.
Not only is the place a dump and not worth $35, but it was obvious that they were working with the towing company to get a piece of the fine.

Parking is a very common topic to ask about at a hotel. And the fact that the car was 10ft from the front door and clearly visible through the window and the front door is a clear indicator that this was a local scam.

Spend your time and money somewhere else.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Nick M
esperanza_pe, Gerente at Hotel Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Mr. Nick,

we are sad to know just a few minutes ago about this unconfortable situation and we offer now the condolences.

We have just talked with the staff at reception and the man working at night said that he wasn't never asked about the car and the parking place. Also he said that is not logical for him to advise that when we have a car park just in the street in front of us.

The reception girl in the morning said that she saw when the car was taken by the authority but nobody knew from who the car was, so this is an indicator that there was a missunderstanding.

After making the questions about the incident and knowing the people working with us we can ensure that there was no agreement with the towing company in order to get a piece of the fine as you said.

The towing cars work with the local authority and not with us and there is no possibility until we know that the towing car company give the neighbours or workers money for each removed car.

We understand your frustration with this unconfortable situation but if you park in a non allowed place unfortunatelly the authority do their work and we can not avoid that.

Next time please ask at reception for a parking place in our car park in front of us.

Best regards.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This hotel is in a really quiet part of town, which we hadn’t yet encountered in Lima. Beds are comfortable, wifi is bad. Overall, though, good value. Average value, could pay a little less for the same room/experience if you looked.

We had expressed that we had an flight in the morning, and had asked the desk to call our cab company to schedule a pickup. They instead said they could call a better service at the same price. In the morning we got a call that our cab was waiting for us, and he was patient even though we weren't yet ready. That was so helpful, as we were exhausted the night we arrived, and trying to 1) call, and 2) schedule a cab in spanish sounded really daunting at the time.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kjsta
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Good, clean basic hotel with friendly staff. Not a super hotel but a good choice for what you pay for. Excellent location right in the centre of Miraflores and walking distance to everyhting! Breakfast not something special but basic and ok including jam, butter, bread, pineapple juice, tea , coffe and omelette. Wi fi is really good in all the hotel! They have printed for us a document we needed which helped a lot. Their card machine had a problem and we couldn't pay via our mastercard but they accepted dollars! No Vat (tax) asked. We have paid as much as our expedia reservation was talking about.

Even it has disadvantages, it is recommended!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

This hotel enjoys a five-star location – in a quiet side-street, a few blocks from the Kennedy park, which is at the heart of Miraflores. A huge variety of cultural experiences, eateries and shopping opportunities for every taste is within an easy walking distance. The room is basic, but hey, let’s be reasonable - what do you expect for 30 bucks in an area that is more expensive than most European capitals? Hot and cold water flows, towels are better than the ones I have at home, the toilet flushes, the floor is swept, linens are clean and bed is great. Breakfast is a bit basic, but great treats are waiting for those hungry at every corner. What some might consider a downside is the view from the window. To be precise, there is no view. What you see is the wall of the stairwell straight ahead, some kind of an abandoned house below and apartment buildings looming in the near distance. As far as I am concerned, I couldn’t care less. Besides, there is the trade-off of no noise reaching the room from the outside. Another minor annoyance was the door lock, which was essentially symbolic. Feel free to judge the risk yourself. The only REAL downside from my perspective was poor Wi-Fi. The connection was only intermittent at best and once I activated SecureLine VPN, it dropped dead. I’ve got no idea whether using an insecure connection posed under circumstances any real risks, but I didn’t like it anyway.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Very good location, close to main streets in Miraflores. The room is big, but no fridge. Were weak wifi signal, we usually couldn't connect in our room, only at the reception. They should provide at least one hand or face towel. The breakfast was not bad - not many selections but it was ok.
We paid for our room a day before we left but the girl - receptionist didn't record our payment so they ask us to pay again at the time we checked out. Fortunately I had a receipt of our payment.

Date of stay: May 2017