See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2008

This is a basic, decent hotel in the heart of Miraflores, this hotel is directly behind the Hotel Condado, through an alley passage between adjacent buildings, just a short walk away. The good thing about the hotel is the location, in the heart of Miraflores and close to restaurants, night clubs, cafes, and all the activiity of Miraflores. The hotel itself is basic, has a 1970s feel to it (my guess is that was the last major renovation). But for the price it is a decent choice. There is a restaurant adjacent to the lobby and the food was OK, but if you are interested in very good food you will find many restaurant options close by. There is a great supermarket accessible through that alleyway across the street from Hotel Condado. By the way, the alley has a few small shops in it, it is a safe walk. In summary, this is a decent, inexpensive choice and offers basic accomodations that are generally clean and safe for the cost-conscious traveler.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed 10 May 2007

The hotel was clean and the breakfast was simple but very decent. The location is great as is close to Parque Kennedy in Miraflores. I thought it was a little expensive so we decided to go to the La Paz Apart Hotel (almost in front of the hotel), which we found better than the Maria Angola (for the money that is). I think the Maria Angola was clean and the service was good as well. It is within walking distance to the artisans market (La Paz street is full of them anyway). I would say it is a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rcaycho
Reviewed 2 December 2006

I stayed at Maria Angola Hotel for four nights at the end of November and found it very comfortable and friendly.

The staff were helpful throughout the time I was there.

My room was on floor 7 overlooking the convention centre and was spacious, the furniture floor covering and bedding were all in very good condition and the bathroom was also excellent.

Whist staying at the hotel I had breakfast each day as part of my rate and ate three other meals in the restaurant and all these were very good, even when I turned up at 22.00 a good meal was provided from the main menu.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank farplace1
Reviewed 8 April 2006

Maria Angola hotel was a disappointment. We thought being in the capital of Peru would bring decent hotels but we were wrong. The floors were dirty and the sheets had dark marks. The bathroom was dim and the shower head was broken. They were quick in bringing in maintenance but the dirty room just made us not want to stay.

Apart from the room the front desk was helpful and the free breakfast was simple but good at the cafe next door.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank Elaine Z
Reviewed 31 January 2006

We stayed at this hotel while on an Overseas Adventure Travel trip to Peru. Rooms were dirty, staff not particularly knowledgeable, water erratic, breakfast mediocre. This best thing about it was it's location in Miraflores, about a 10-15 minute walk to the ocean, about 5 minutes to main shopping area.

5  Thank BillDip