All reviews free walking tour private room art museum ceviche old mansion noisy at night walkable distance plaza mayor min walk travel agent south america location is great few blocks jam wifi lockers computers
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We flew in from the U.K late and realised we booked the hostel and airport transfer for the wrong month. We called 1900 from the airport and they sent a transfer within 20 minutes and booked us into a room. We were so grateful for this!

We spent the first night in the suite room which I believe has been recently redecorated. It was definitely worth the extra money! We had a huge bed and even an ensuite. The second night we moved to a private room without a bathroom which was not quite as luxurious.

The rooms were clean but both noisy given the structure of the building. We were so tired from flying and could have slept anywhere so it wasn't much of an issue for us.

Would highly recommend the walking tour organised free by the hostel. It was a great way to see the historical centre.

Overall would recommend the hostel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

So enjoying our 5 day stay here! A magnificent old mansion in the middle of Lima central. Friendly, professional staff, hot clean showers; simple, clean rooms together with marble & mosaics floors & chandeliers in the bar/dining room/games room. Great breakfasts to get you going for the day & - did I mention the free walking tour offered by the hostel - brilliant! What a great introduction to this chaotic, magnificent city!!
Why would anyone want to stay anywhere else?

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

This place is a huge former mansion in a well located part of the city. We stayed in what I believe is the only private room in the place. It is vast, with a huge bed, refrigerator, desk and lamps on either side of the bed. The bathroom is effectively within the room, so not a lot of privacy, but still quite romantic.

The cost was relatively high - booked online it was about 140sol.

The hostel does free walking tours and cooking lessons - it was when we there there in late June 2017 - which looked good but we had to fly off. The street is noisy but it didn't keep me awake. Would gladly stay there again if the same room was available.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

The hostel was in decent condition for its age, very neat to see, one of the sheets of my friends bed had stains though, yuck! Included breakfast is just bread and jam but it had regular hot water for showers which is always nice! Being a female I was quite afraid to go out of the hostel though as it's in downtown Lima and me and my (male) friend had people yelling what I can only assume to be derogatory comments in Spanish at us, on several occasions a day.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I stayed in 1900 after a long flight from Argentina. It is centrally located, most attractions could be accessed by walk. Staff are friendly, there is an excellent bar and a nice communal area. Javier Prado, the bus terminal is just a few blocks away from the hostel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo