US$127
US$329
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Casa Fanning Apart Hotel(Lima)(Great Value!)
US$59
  • Breakfast included
US$67
  • Breakfast included
US$539
All reviewsfree walking tourprivate roomart museumold mansioncevichenoisy at nightwalkable distanceplaza mayorthin wallsmin walktravel agentsouth americabusy streetlocation is greatfew blocksjamwifi
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

If you're interestet in architecture (doesn't matter what kind), you should pay this hostel a visit, even if it is a little more expensive than the average Peru-Backpackers-Place. They offer free walking tours with a funny guide and youcan learn how to make Ceviche with a Peruvian Chef (free classes, you only pay the ingredients (10S.) and if you want a tip for the chef). You get free breakfast as well ;)

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2016

I have stayed here a few times, more so for the great location. I recently (August) invited my brother to come visit me in Peru and he paid to use their amenities like the shower. They embarrassed me by somehow losing his paperwork and telling him he could not come in unless he registered and paid again. I was upset they lost his info and I went to talk to Francisco at the front desk but he lacked customer service skills and kept telling us it was not his fault. Initially never once did he apologize nor did we feel heard or validated. Once my wife (who is white) went to speak to Francisco, he finally let my brother in and then apologized. It seemed as though it was an issue on racism as Francisco would not budge for my brother nor I (who are not white) yet he listened to my wife right away. Aside from this annoying experience, it was an ok experience. I was happy to see that this time around they had soap in the soap dispenser and paper towels. I’ve stayed here many times and they usually lack both of these. I wouldn’t expect much here except for a good location. They say they have Wi-Fi but it is only in the lobby which is still hit or miss and when its good, its super slow.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

1900 Backpackers is a nice enough place for a night or two in Lima. Beds are comfortable, the building is beautiful and colonial and the showers are good when the hot water is working. However, the location is not good - the old town is 45 mins' walk away and everything else needs a taxi. Breakfast is literally just bread and jam. Staff were nice.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2016

We stayed for two nights at this hostel. It was a bit noisy during the night with the cars and people blasting music, but it was in a very centralized area in Lima. We were able to get around very easily with Uber and it also was very safe with a gated door. Would definitely recommend to others if you need a place to stay for a few nights. They did give breakfast also, but we skipped out on it. Bathrooms were clean for the most part, would definitely recommend bringing sandals if you plan on showering here.

Room Tip: Choose a private double bed room.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

The hostel arranged my AirPort pick up. That was great.
The hostel is clean and the rooms are good size. Helpfull staff. Meals and activitys are offered in the hostel. The walking tour is nice to do.
So is the coocking class. Learn How to make ceviche, the typical Peru dish.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo