“Very good ”

chifa chung yion - chifa union
Ranked #182 of 3,137 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We went to China Chung union on a Wednesday night. It was very busy. Chinese food in Peru is better then the USA if you get the right place. China union was very good. You got a large amount of food. We had Duck too and it was amazing. I ever went to the bathroom. The restaurant was definitely not the cleanest but it could of been a whole lot worse. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Please please do not go to this restaurant. We had a terrible experience. The food was probably the worst food I've ever had, let alone worst Chinese food. We tried another Chifa restaurant in Lima a few nights before (and we loved it) so decided we want to try more places. I'm very surprised that Chifa Union has made it to the top few restaurants on every list I read on Lima Chinese restaurants. Not only was the food terrible (we ate digestive tablets right after the meal to preemptively ensure that we don't fall sick), but the place just did not appear hygenic overall. As soon as we got a table, I went to the bathroom and there were two stalls on the upper floor - these were two of the most unsanitary and dirty toilets I've ever seen (and I've seen some pretty dirty toilets around the world). Even with this, the food was by far the worst part of the experience.

1  Thank traveller1234567571
Reviewed 5 November 2016

This was highly rated by TripAdvisor members, so we were expecting a great experience. I have eaten Chinese food in the US for many years, and prepare Chinese style food at home, having been taught originally by a friend who owned a restaurant and invited us to a number of family feasts. I have eaten Chifa food in Miami, where I live, and it was wonderful.
I do not recommend setting foot in the door of this place.
I ordered the duck lo mein and my wife a dish called something like the Revolution Special. Both dishes were ample enough for two people. My duck was nearly tasteless, with much tired cabbage and some OK snow peas. The waitress had asked me if I wanted the noodles "duro" or "suave" (hard or soft), and I replied "duro". They were indeed duro - some so much so that they hadn't even reached the boiling water; they were more than duro, they were rock hard. Most were ok, though, although not quality noodles.
My wife's dish was more interesting, and I helped her eat it, but we finished less than 1/2 of it. What this was, essentially, was leftovers. Yes, leftovers, stir-fried with some pretty good wood-ear & shitake mushrooms, cashews and a couple of quail eggs. When I say "leftovers", I mean there were pieces of chicken, pork, sausage and shrimp tails - yes, just the tails -- what you leave on your plate after a shrimp dish -- and I believe that is exactly where they came from: someone else's plate. This is why I have titled this review "Glad we haven't got sick yet..."

2  Thank GasparLeMarque9
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for something good and local this is your spot if you are staying in Barranco English is not widely understood or spoken. English menu does not have the same choices and the Spanish. Order the soups. Bowl is big enough for 3-4 seafood is a must as well as duck. Look around at the plates coming out and order that way. Good Peruvian custard for dessert and carafe of wine. No tea was served and when we asked they said yes but never came out.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

As a matter of fact the place was quite a surprise. I heard a lot about it, but just last night I was able to visit. The place is not fancy at all, it is quite an average sub-urban Lima restaurant never the less the food was really good. It really represents what chifa food is. They use a good variety of mushroom like shitakes. The menu was wide and the service OK.
Te encantala!