“A classic of the peruvian-chinese food (Chifa)”

chifa chung yion - chifa union
Ranked #157 of 3,108 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 May 2016

As a matter of fact the place was quite a surprise. I heard a lot about it, but just last night I was able to visit. The place is not fancy at all, it is quite an average sub-urban Lima restaurant never the less the food was really good. It really represents what chifa food is. They use a good variety of mushroom like shitakes. The menu was wide and the service OK.
Te encantala!

Reviewed 11 March 2016

This restaurant has a fusion of Chinese and Peruvian dishes that incredibly delicious. The portions are huge and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Peru, as you discover when you're there, is notorious for lackluster restaurant experiences. "Go where the locals go" doesn't exactly work for tourists, because they won't be staying anywhere near where the locals actually go. This, however, was an exception. A busy Chifa (i.e., Peruvian--Chinese hybrid) restaurant, this was at the top of several lists for providing an authentic Chifa experience. For anyone who doubt the validity of eating Chinese food in Peru, there have been Chinese immigrants in Peru since the 1600s. It ended up being one of the very best restaurants we managed to find during our entire two weeks. Highly recommended.

1  Thank LouRestaurantCritic
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

After reading all the rave reviews and having enjoyed a good chifa in Latacunga, Ecuador a couple of weeks before, my wife and I decided to give it a go. I sincerely wish we hadn't. We ordered pork and veg noodles, duck and veg and a veg special dish, as well as some fried wontons. Firstly, the portions are remarkably large, so if you do go, order less dishes than you think you'll need. I'm capable of eating large quantities of food, but unfortunately this food made me stop early as I just didn't want to eat it anymore.
All the dishes were essentially cooked the same, with flaccid vegetables, poor quality meat and a thin and salty soy base. It seemed really as if no thought had been given to the combination of ingredients and there was no attempt at giving the dishes any defining flavour and as a result, we had three large piles of samey, unappetising, beige food. Also, the duck was not easily recognisable as duck and although the pork looked like pork, it tasted more like hotdogs.
In the end, we stopped eating with so much food left that we felt obliged to ask to take the rest away with us and then ditched it on the way home as we had no desire to eat it again. All in all, I was left disappointed and annoyed at the waste of food and money.
I've given them 2 stars as the staff were friendly and the service was decent, but if you like good Chinese food, don't go!

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I never order Chinese food in Canada. It's just not my thing but in Peru, Chifa is amazing. It is Chinese food with a Peruvian twist.

Chifa Union is very close to where I stay in Barranco and it is wildly popular. When I arrived at 7:00, there was a small line up waiting for it to open for dinner.

I ordered the arroz chaufa (with chicken) and the tallaron (with pork). The portions are unbelievable. I could of fed a family of 6.

Super tasty and cheap!