All reviews plaza de armas central location fan malecon block wifi sheets
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at El Colibri, it's very clean friendly staff and you cannot ask for a better location. Due to this location it can be noise at night. I unfortunately did not get to stay there again at the last leg of my trip because they only accept cash no credit. Keep this in mind. Otherwise this very nice Hostel

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Got a room on the top floor on the corner. It was extremely hot but that is also Iquitos. The fan worked, room was clean, breakfast is an option. Computer downstairs free to use. I found it a little bit pricy. Staff was extremely helpful!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

For $24. I got a room here. No A/C, just a noisy fan but at least it had an old TV with cable. The bed did kind of suck. I really didn't get any rest that night because I wasn't aware that the weather in Iquitos was so hot.

I would probably stay somewhere different or pay more for a room that has A/C.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Nice location, free water ( on the ground floor), breakfast option if you want. Rooms come with a fan which was enough for me. I was next to the street which can get noisy but I had ear plugs. I also had issues closing the window. Staff seem accommodating, so if you had issues I'm sure you could move.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2016

A secure and clean hotel with good management just a few blocks off the Plaza and the Malecon, where whatever is going to happen, will happen. In the winter, a fan blowing directly on the bed will make the sultry evenings bearable, and block some of the hundreds of moto-taxis roaring down the streets outside. A decent breakfast at a fair price, and helpful staff. I recommend El Colibri for the budget traveler still requiring clean rooms and good staff.

Room Tip: Upstairs, away (if possible) from the street
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo