All reviews airport amazon lodge english jungle
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I have been traveling to Iquitos, Peru for eight years and I am sad that I did not find this hotel before. I am returning in two weeks for my fourth visit. This hotel is centrally located on a safe and quiet street. For me, a quality hotel must be safe, clean, and have a staff that is willing to go beyond in providing excellent customer service. I send a lot of travelers to the Amazon to stay at the Curassow Amazon Lodge for their jungle travels but their first stop is to the Hotel Dorado before going to the Jungle. Number one - you must ask for Mr. Oscar Casas, the hotel manager of Hotel Dorado. Mr. Oscar is a kind, gentle, and caring man who is there to make sure his visitors are well cared for. He and his staff will go over and beyond in providing their clients 5 star service as they have for me on many occasions. When I am in Iquitos and very far from home, knowing that Mr. Oscar and his staff are there for me, is a huge comfort for me and my family. The hotel is safe, they pick you from the airport in a lovely van, the rooms are nice and clean, the food in the little restaurant is good. In October, I left in my room in a drawer $2,500. When the hotel found me in the jungle, all my money was returned to me and, not one penny was missing. I hate to say, that in my excitement in being in Peru, that was not the first time I did that...and every time, all my money was returned to me. Another example includes, I needed to go to the pharmacy and my Spanish is horrible, a member of the hotel staff walked me to the pharmacy to make sure I got what I needed and I was safe. All of this is included in a hotel being ranked as a five star service facility. Safety, friendship, cleanliness, an outdoor pool, and comfort, all of which are at the Hotel Dorado Isabel.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have an elevator, you can request a first floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is GREAT. The location is central and just a few minutes walk from the tourist promenade at the Amazon. It is near banks plus cafe's and a lovely chicken restaurant opposite.

The staff are AMAZING. Asked for hairdryer....they got one. Asked for late drinks ....they did it. Rudy on reception was excellent. Lots of advice about Iquitos and so professional. His English is great explaining everything about the area and good places to see. He was a fantastic ambassador for the hotel.

Rudy and Ivana also looked after our baggage when it arrived late from the airport.

The hotel is clean and tidy. It is welcoming and feels like home.

Thankyou Rudy and Ivana for being professional and all the staff are a tribute to Iquitos and the hotel. I will be back x

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed with my family for 2 weeks, our room was quiet, we had a very comfortable king size bed that allowed my wife and I to sleep well with our 5 year old son in the middle. Bathroom very clean, great shower. Staff very friendly and attentive. Great wifi!
We will definitely come back to this very well located hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I would give it a 0 rating if I could. Dirty. We came in the room and there was hair balls stuck in the bathroom wall. Drilling at 7 pm. Water in the bathroom had a funny smell. No water pressure in the shower. Simply the worse way to end this wonderful trip. Would highly recommend against staying here. Breakfast selection so poor. No natural light in the room. Sewage smell around the pool area. Need I say more.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Zeina E
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I found photos to be very misleading. Not like the rooms I saw. Lobby and pool area are pretty. Air Conditioning in lobby also nice and cool. Wifi does and work and free. Hotel is very near town square and many restaurants. Gratis airport shuttle. Relatively clean. Major drawback is music from disco. Breakfast was a plus. Many steps to rooms. No elevator.

Room Tip: Room 201 the best I saw
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends