Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$180
TravelocityUS$180
Orbitz.comUS$180
CheapTicketsUS$180
TripadvisorUS$180
Trip.com
All reviews the owner forest carlos guide amazon
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2019

My father and I went to Iquitos and booked this while in the city. We had been offered a visit to the Isla de Monos, which this company also does, but wanted something more natural. Carlos the owner explained how the trip would work very well, and all travel was taken care of from our hotel, to the excursion, and then back to the main office. Price per person /S 250. Sameer (sp?), our guide, took us about two miles into the forest, sometimes on, and sometimes off a main path. He was very informative and enjoyed helping me practice my Spanish. His English was clear and his Spanish was slow; gracias! He was a good travel companion. Pickup was at 9AM and we were back at office at 5. Lunch was also delicious and plentiful.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 4 October 2019

The owner was lying to me all the time.

I booked a 1 day tour to the river and the jungle near Iquitos. They offered a ride to the lodge, a hike there a and going back with returning boat. I refused as this meant to waste half a day going back and forth, then the owner promised a different tour in the neighborhood of Iquitos. The guide has confirmed this information upon departure.
On the boat it turned out we are nevertheless heading to the lodge. When I started to make noise, the guide told either to take what they offer or to come back with a commuter boat, promicing to give money back.
I chose the second option.

Now the owner refuses to provide the refund without getting back the booking receipt - which is illegal as this is my only proof of the booking made.

As a summary, it was a wasted day of the vacation plus wasted money for the booking and for the transportation back.
Stay away from this agency, there are lots of others around. I don't know if they are good, but this one is particularly bad.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank ErtyPerty12
Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

I was beyond impressed with my experience with Amazon Canopy Expeditions!! Carlos, the manager, was very nice and spoke excellent English when explaining the itinerary for the trip.

I did 3 days and 2 nights in the jungle and it was the perfect amount. There are other options though if you want to be there longer or shorter.

My guide, Adiano, was fantastic. Very thoughtful and told me about all the plants and animals in the jungle. It was a very authentic experience and we met real people living in Amazonian villages.

We swam in the river, hiked through the jungle at sunrise, rode in a canoe and explored for frogs at night. PLUS SO MUCH MORE!!

The lodge we stayed at had wonderful food and wonderful people.

I could not recommend this enough!

11/10

Reviewed 22 September 2019

Me and my girlfriend wanted to hike in the Amazonas rainforest and the Amazon Canopy Expeditions was a great choice.
We had a great and professional personal guide, Lener, who knew a lot not only about the fauna and flora but also he has his own experience with the habits in the Amazon, like which plant is used for what and why, etc.
Afternoon we could choose whether to go fishing or continue with Lener to the second part of exploring forests. Of course, we went to the forest, took rubber boots and machete! :)
Thank you again, Lener!

Only one con: the lunch was so small.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
canopytoursiquitos, Director de Recepción at Amazon Canopy Expeditions Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2019

Hello my friend, how are you? Thank you for trusting us and having made your tours a beautiful experience about food. It seems strange, as long as I have given you a little bit anyway, I will take your comment and improve
thanks again and hope this is good and good luck

Reviewed 14 September 2019

I had an awesome time with my guide Grover, he was born and raised in the jungles so everything is like his backyard.

He could identify every animal and even the sounds of the animals they made from afar which was incredible.

I went to chase peacock bass, though they don't specialise in targeting them we managed to get one. Catfish was great fun to fish with some big monsters.