Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreams
US$43
View deal
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews breakfast was excellent lovely hotel home away from home comfortable bed front desk amazon jungle hot water the owner wifi shower
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2020 via mobile

The Fitzcarrald is in great proximity to some fantastic restaurants; either casual or more fine dining on local dishes. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the building itself is gorgeous. Breakfast was excellent and the fresh juice you can't miss.

We had a 4 day tour in the Amazon and the Fitzcarrald was the perfect place to stay afterwards. But it was the staff here really made us feel safe and like we were family. The unbelievably nice people that work at the Fitzcarrald went above and beyond what was required.

I dropped my phone in a van that brought us back to Iquitos after our tour in the Amazon. It wasn't until we were unpacking in our room I realized it was missing. The staff at the front desk helped me call our tour company, who were no help. I texted my phone asking if someone had it to please call me and when the person who had my phone called I ran down and had the manager, Fabiola, to talk to the person since my Spanish is no bueno. After a heated conversation she figured out where they were and that they wanted money for my phone.

She told the young man at the front desk, Harrinson, to take me to the address on his motorcycle and told me not to give them money. It was a very far drive and a hard place to find. Harrinson was awesome. He drove around asking where to find the address not giving up even when I was ready to.

Finally we got another call from my phone and Harrinson talked to the guy and was an excellent translator and eventually we found the house. His confidence really helped because honestly I was scared. We pulled up and I got my phone back. The person handed it over willingly and I gave them something for it's safe return but I made sure the fearless young man that was supposed to be working the front desk was compensated for MY safe return.

The kindness shown by the Fitzcarrald to a couple of helpless travellers was incredible and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thank you Fabiola, Harrinson, and the entire Fitzcarrald hotel staff for a wonderful stay, a story with a happy ending, and for saving our trip.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

Comfortable, cosy hotel with excellent rooms for a reasonable price near to the waterfront.

The staff are lovely and very helpful — it seems to be family owned and every member of the family seems thrilled to have you as a guest.
The beds are queen sized and very comfortable, the rooms are air conditioned (an absolute blessing in Iquitos), and have private bathrooms with hot water.
The breakfast is enormous and very good (indeed, there was always more than I could eat).

The only downsides I can think of are that the internet is very slow (you’re in a city in the amazon jungle though, so perhaps that’s to be expected?), the hot water sometimes takes a while to come through, and there is a lot of road noise from the main road outside during rush hour. It shouldn’t stop you from sleeping if you bring earplugs.

All in all, a lovely place to stay in Iquitos before & after an amazon expedition!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2019

Sparkling clean, lovely hotel with excellent air conditioning. Comfortable bed, nice breakfast, centrally located yet quiet. Staff went out of their way to help out when I lost my passport—the owner even accompanied me to the airport to help find it and report it missing.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2019 via mobile

The hotel was so good. Very friendly staff. Super clean and a great breakfast. They stored our luggage between stays and accommodated our late checkout easily. I would recommend this place without hesitation

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2019

Clean (mold-free!) and friendly place to stay in Iquitos. Staff is very helpful and eager to please. Good breakfast for that price range, in a nice little dining room that is also available for those who might need to do some work. For a few-frills place that looks new, or newly remodeled, this is a great option.