“CRAVING "CUY"”
Review of Estancia Andina

Estancia Andina
Ranked #299 of 892 Restaurants in Cusco
Reviewed 28 June 2017

One of my favorite dishes in Cusco is "Cuy" (roasted guinea pig). I walking around historic center of Cusco when I was greeted by a representive of the restaurant. I asked if they served "cuy" and he said yes, so I had no choice but to give them a try. I had the perfect seat by the window with a view of the square and cathedral. The environment was peaceful with nice live soft music playing. The service was excellent and the food was so delicious that I came again a second time with a Peruvian friend. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Was lured in by promises of a free salad bar and free pisco sour. The pisco sours didn't arrive until near the end of the meal - somehow polishing wine glasses got a hire priority than my drinks. And even after I reminded them they seemed to really not care. The salad bar was sparse and unappetizing. The food (Andean grill for two) was not very flavorful. The guinea pig that came with it was like a 1/4 of one and was not seasoned well and had no sauce.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We were called by a lady outside the restaurant. She offered free pisco sour, so we took it. The first impression of the restaurant is that it was dark and dirty. The salad bar seems not fresh food. The food overall was not bad, but I am sure there are better restaurants nearby.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Chose here as the menu looked slightly better / more extensive than some of the other places on the square. Took an age to get the free drink offered – we both chose lemonade – but when it came it was amazing, probably the best lemonade I’ve had! Sweet but not too sweet, and not fizzy at all. There was also free salad although this stretched little beyond a few leaves, radish and onion – and some sort of posh crisps. Not that I’m complaining – it was free and a nice gesture!

I ordered lamb which came with a sweet, fruity glaze. It came with some authentic chips and a token broccoli floret. It was good comfort food but not one of the best meals I’d had on the trip. My partner had trout with a creamy sauce, which was pretty good but the quinoa that came with it was a bit sloppy and – strangely – served cold.

Despite the restaurant quality menu, this place was more café than restaurant in terms of food and décor, if you know what I mean. Would have given it 3 stars but gets an extra one for the amazing lemonade!

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Looking down on Plaza De Armas in Cusco. The night time view is great. A cosy restaurant with nice variety of food and drinks
We had evening entertainment there three times which add to the atmosphere. The restaurant is located up stairs above the Inka WASI hotel which had great accommodation.