“Just don't. ”

Restaurante Kintu
Ranked #674 of 892 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Bad food (a hair on the food, no flavour and bad quality ingredients) and a 20%(!!!!) service tax that it is not announced anywhere. It is in a touristy area, but I still bet that you can find something better. Also, some of us got some GI conditions the next morning.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

After having decided for Kintu, we reviewed some of their evaluations. They charged us the extra fees (12 soles) as well on the menus and made the lemonades more expensive than in the menu (12 instead of 10 soles). Food was nothing special.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Food was OK, nothing special. We ordered 2 tourist menus (advertised as 15 each), one lemonade and one coke. What a surprise when the check arrived, and instead of 47 soles we were asked to pay 62 Soles (47 + 15 for additional charges). When we asked the waitress what were those 15 extra soles for, she told us those were taxes and the service fee, and that charging that was common practice in Peru. I´ve been in Peru for more than a week, eating out twice per day, and this is the first time that those charges were not included in the advertised price. After arguing for a couple of minutes the waitress charged us 5 Soles less. I then talked to the manager who apologized and gave us the missing 10 Soles.

I am latina and my mother tongue is Spanish, but I look European. I guess the waitress thought I was a "gringa" and she could take profit from that.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

They offer you a tourist menu for a price but when you receive the check there are additional charges. The food is OK.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Excellent menu, good service. After a long day hiking in Machu pichu we were not sure what we wanted to eat. We decided to try this restaurant and were very Impress with the quality of the food, the service. Good,salad and burrito. Recommend