See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2014

To start with the positives the room was clean and the bedding kept us as warm on a cold Cusco night. The hostal a 10 minute walk to the main square so not a bad location. The downsides are the shower was luke warm, the place fronts a road used to park a few tour buses however it wasn't too noisy. However a school group arrived in the middle of the night and woke us up.Finally the staff although well meaning couldn't cope with providing breakfast for 20 people at the same time. I suggest you pay a few more soles and find something better.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark F
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The best quality/price ratio I ever found in Cuzco, I managed to directly deal a good price with the manager and to have a bit more customized breakfast. They lend us coverings and a radiator. They tried their best to be helpful. Minus: Rooms are small and they don't have furniture

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

after searching some hotels and hostels in internet, me and my friends decided to book the hostel Palacio Real and apparently we made ​​a very good choice, we had very quick responses from the manager Marlene, prices are accessible to all pockets, rooms are very nice, clean and above all very comfortable.
the staff’s care was the best quality they really made us feel like family even we felt at home. Thanks Marlene, Joel and Javier.
I recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laurie D
Reviewed 15 February 2014

me and my family had a nice stay in this hostel, the location is very good at 50 meters from the main square, the rooms are very comfortable and very clean, attention by the psersonal was excellent, Joel the receptionist was very helpful and answered all questions we had, the manager Marlene was also very friendly, she helped us with some tips to acclimatise better and she took care of us since we arrived until we returned to the airport to take our flight back.
I highly recommend this hostel if someone wants to spend a few days in Cusco, the prices of the rooms are accessible to all budgets.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ludwig S
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I have never panned a hotel before, but considering that I used other reviews to book this hotel, I feel that I should advise other travellers to try elsewhere. The owner is a nice old guy and I feel awful being so critical, but take it from me: the showers are cold - despite the efforts of the staff to convince me otherwise. The website advertises air conditioning - but the rooms are freezing. You will need your sleeping bag. And if you are unlucky enough to get a room at the front, take earplgus. Also, many of the rooms are lit from the outside all through the night - so take a sleeping mask as well. And the pillows are like telephone shaped bricks - so all in all, in my opinion, you can expect a terrible nights sleep. So my advice? Try elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank janebieger