See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I think the staff may have been ill prepared for a large group. When we checked in late at night, our room had no towels and several others in our group had no running water. The rooms were clean however the bathroom had several areas of mold by the showers so I didn't feel comfortable taking a bath. Anytime we tried to get water, tea or beer at the bar, there was no one to help us. Luckily we were not at the hotel often, as it was in a perfect location close to the main plaza. The rooms were very noisy, so I highly recommend ear plugs or a noise maker.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanderlustfullife
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here a couple times with a tour group, always too noisy, especially the rooms overlooking the streets. Even the interior rooms were noisy because of guests and poor insulation, strange air shaft glassed in amongst the rooms. Because tour groups stay here, often before dawn groups are chatting and moving downstairs with no regard for guests who might want to sleep til 8 am. Traffic noise begins too early, and then there are the car alarms...

The location is great, but few amenities, adequate breakfast, adequately clean. I don't plan on staying there ever again.

I've had to lower my expectations of hotels when traveling in Peru.

Room Tip: Find a top floor room, not on either street, and check to see if shower seems to work, though it may not work the next day.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robin B
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Once we arrived we were met in the lobby with coca tea. The entire staff was very service oriented. The breakfast is included in the price, and was very good. The location is perfect, close enough to all the sites without being in the heart of the traffic/noise. This is not your hostel-college group at this hotel, which is nice. Since many of the hostels in Cusco start partying at 1pm and continue until 4am. Rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean, everything is very basic. No frills. I suggest you bring your own soap, washcloth, shampoo/conditioner. Towels are good. Great tubs for bathing. PLENTY OF HOT WATER FOR BATHS AND SHOWERS. Plenty of blankets, and we were furnished a small space heater. The only downfall of my experience was the other hotel guests were very loud. They would speak very loud to one another in the hallway and slam doors. But, you have allot of people from around the world and I suppose the "hotel etiquette" isn't the same in all parts of the world. The walls are thin, and therefore you do hear allot of what's going on. But, I was so exhausted from touring all day that I pretty much slept through it. This is an affordable hotel with a great staff. Luis the the bellboy and he is very shy but an excellent employee!

Room Tip: away from the elevator, street and atrium.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angie D
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in total as part of a G adventures tour. I stayed in double rooms and a single room. The single room was much bigger than the double and the shower was much better. The first room I stayed in had a crappy shower. The water didn't get warm until it was running for 10 or minutes - not great when the room is already cool. Breakfast was OK, typical of Peru and Bolivia: bread, cereal, yoghurt. On a few days, there were some hot foods. Cusco is at high altitude which can cause altitude sickness (headaches, nausea etc.). They had complementary coca tea which is used to alleviate the symptoms - very nice. The service was OK and the hotel was 10 minutes away from the main plaza.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Daphne A
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed here for two nights before we did the Gadventures tour group Inka Trail and 1 night after. We found it a good place to stay, the room had two comfy single beds with warm bedding, private bathroom with a great hot water shower and towels. Cuzco is at altitude so A/C and fans aren't necessary. The breakfast was good compared to many other hotels we've been to in central and south America. They gave us a complimentary Coca tea when we arrived which was really nice. The room with a double bed costs about 300 soles per night including breakfast. Checkout is early though at 8.00am.
The hotel is in a great location about 10 mins from the central Plaza and all the nice restaurants.
I would recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple