“Huge portions”

Ranked #226 of 881 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We came by for a really late lunch and were really hungry, which is probably why we were able to finish 1 of 2 of our entrees. They were so big! We got a tacu tacu, which was delicious, and a seafood chowder, which was not as good. The seafood may have been overcooked as the texture and taste were off. If we had more time in Cusco, we would have come back to try other items on the menu.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Las Machitas was recommended by staff at our wonderful hotel Apu Huascaran Hostel. This restaurant is a definite taxi ride from downtown Cusco (about 5 or 6 Soles), and is certainly worth it. We had pasta with seafood which was perfectly prepared, and delicately seasoned. They bring you a cup of their fish broth as a starter. Its one of the best broths we've had. This is not a tourist spot. We found service to be impeccable, and the restaurant spacious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful seafood restaurant frequented by Peruvian locals. The service was excellent and the food was better than any we have experienced at any of the tourist restaurants around the main square. The food around the main square was good but this was superior. It took a 6 soles (less than $2)taxi ride to get there but it was definitely worth it. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 June 2016

damn goood ceviche, the locals eat here! and don't be shy to try the Tiger milk ceviche, gets you pumped up!

Reviewed 26 November 2015

I'm really not a big fan of fish, especially raw fish, but I figured I was in Peru I needed to try ceviche. I'm quite pleased I had the opportunity to try at this place. The service was great, the atmosphere was nice and it seems clean. The food was pretty good too. If you are into raw fish, I highly recommend. For English speakers, keep in mind that the menu is all in Spanish, and they do not have an English substitute.