“A bad experience, hopefully we were just unlucky.”

Casa Andina Standard Cusco San Blas
Ranked #57 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
“A bad experience, hopefully we were just unlucky.”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We had no hot water and only three beds for the four of us, so in the end we checked out and found another hotel. The staff were generally nice, but our problems were very much "ours". Not sure why this occurred, but the hotel is well located, the breakfast good, but our room was freezing, the heater made as much noise as a commercial jet and the water situation made showering a challenge. If you are offered room 110, knock it back and get a different room, and hopefully your experience will be better.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Dasyurid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Slovak first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My partner and I stayed here before and after our trip to do the Machu Pichu trek. The staff were most welcoming and we made use of the cocoa tea as we were both feeling the altitude on arrival. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quite ornate. The bathroom was clean and welcoming. Breakfast was plentiful but the room was quite cold so made sure to wear more clothes the next morning. The staff were very helpful regarding info for our trek, informing us at every stage where we needed to be, etc. The only downside of our room was that it was quite noisy the first night with late night revellers using the path down the side of the hotel and our room was on that side so I requested a different room on our return from the Inca Trail. The staff were very obliging and sure enough we had a room right at the top with great views across Cuzco. Would recommend this hotel for acclimitising for the trek.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a high floor
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
evergreen, colorado
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I was travelling with girlfriends, we had three days to acclimate in Cusco. They found this hotel, I was flexible, fine by me. Some of us were here, some were at a "fancier" boutique hotel. When we arrived, I felt welcome, sat in the nice lobby area with tea to serve ourselves, our rooms were ready within minutes. Loved the courtyard and views. This hotel makes no pretense of being a five star luxury place, but what it does, it does well. The rooms were clean, adequate. The beds were very comfortable, new flat screen TVs in all of the rooms. On the third floor room, it was hard for me to get hot water in the shower, warm was as good as I could get, but in hot Cusco I was fine. I loved having an ATM and beverage/snack stand in the lobby, was very convenient! The people who worked there were incredibly nice, warm helpful. They cheerfully arranged our cabs, the price set out, gave us change for our soles, anything else we needed. When we visited our friends in the "boutique" hotel, the owner of the hotel nabbed me, introduced me to some men of pure Incan descent, supposedly for the experience, turns out they were selling stuff. It is annoying enough to be constantly hassled to buy stuff on the streets, I prefer my hotel be a oasis from this, I appreciated Casa Andina San Blas even more at that moment. When we arrived, warm greetings, assistance if needed and no one selling us stuff! I also liked the places to relax, the courtyard, the lounge areas. Good breakfasts, not great but adequate. If you can get a room not facing the courtyard, more privacy of course. Great location, too, I was easily able to walk all over Cusco from this hotel. If I am lucky enough to return to Cusco I would shall stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank dawgg488
NYC
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Casa Andina San Blas was a great hotel! Hotel staff was very accomodating...allowing us to store our luggage there 4 days prior to check-in as my husband and i were hiking the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu. Upon return to Cusco, we checked in, and staff escorted us to our room (with our luggage waiting for us) to make sure we were satisfied with it--they even came back to deliver some of our travel documents that we accidentally left at the front desk. The room was standard but very clean and felt luxurious after a 4 day hike! The beds were comfortable and furniture was probably updated within the last 5 years. We had a room on the 3rd floor that overlooked Cusco and the distant mountain ranges--absolutely beautiful! You can hear some music from a nearby bar, but by the time we went to bed, it was fine. Free breakfast was also a nice touch...we ate in the sunny courtyard and had a nice time! Unfortunately we only stayed one night after coming back from the Inca Trail before heading back to Lima. We will definitely be sure to stay here next time we come back to Cusco!.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Cusco and the mountains, it's beautiful...especially at night!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

What a wonderful place to stay... The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly! Free Internet bonus! Lots of coca tea which you need... So happy to have stayed here!

• Stayed September 2011