“Best Breakfast In San Blas”
Review of La Valeriana

La Valeriana
Ranked #2 of 9 Bakeries in Cusco
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Everytime i come here, which is every morning, i am greeted with a smile and a good morning. The one person does the cooking and waitressing and coffee making and juice making. And still she has a smile!

The food knocked my socks off.

And there is a very informative poster that shows where their coffee comes from and some of coffee's alternative uses. They sell the beans in the restaurant and many other little interesting trinkets are for sale also!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Overall the place is nice, the decoration, the concept BUT the service its not that great, if you go when the place is packed don't expect a good service, they would mixed up your order and take long periods of time to get your food or beverages.
I went there with a friend, and because it was full and there was no place to sit and the waiters were running around like crazy, we decided to order 2 special teas to go, you might think that when you order to go it will come out fast..not in this place, we waited for 35 minutes for 2 cups of tea, the girls in charge of preparing the beverages were ignoring us even when we were right in front of them, even after the owner told them to take care of our orders they made us wait. The staff is not efficient and succumb under pressure.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely spacious decor. Great pastries, quiches and empanadas. Great coffee and even Better teas and infusions. Try the Valeriana infusion for a ruby red honeyed fruity spicy pot of deliciousness!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We had a delicious coffee and a really nice piece of cake. A nice spot for a coffee in the middle of town.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We were at the hotel across the street and went to have dinner. My husband had trout and it was well cooked. I had the garlic shrimp and they were whole shrimp but some were falling apart and we concluded they must not have been fresh. Every time we spoke to our waiter he never answered back. The waiter also only spoke to my husband and not me ( we also noted all waiters were male). Even when I ordered dessert they did not have the listings on the menu and suggested something else, a jello item, which was ok, but not the sweet dessert I was hoping for, nor did they offer it complimentary. Mostly the service was COLD...we have been treated so warmly in so many resultant this week in Cuzco that I realize how poor the service was and regret we ate there on Dec 31st. The food was ok, the service needs attention!!