“SO NOISY - Please avoid, you won't get any rest at high altitude which will mess up your stay!”

Loreto Boutique Hotel
Ranked #26 of 554 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed 29 January 2017

First, the good: the staff was friendly and helpful. I found the bed to be comfortable. The location is in the middle of everything. The hotel includes original Inca walls. However, the bad are much more overwhelming.
Please do not book this property unless you are the soundest of sleepers. The place is extremely noisy - and I mean EXTREMELY. I've never in my life been to a noisier hotel. The windows provide almost zero insulation and in fact we couldn't even properly lock the window in our bathroom! In all honesty the windows looked like they were last replaced in the 1970s. The location means there will be noise until at least 12 am and you'll be occasionally hit by the screams of a drunken passer by even later in the night. We were already winded by the touristy activities at high altitude and the noise levels virtually ensured that we couldn't get any rest. We tried background music, wasn't enough.
Another annoying problem was that the shower looked newly renovated but did not drain properly. Since we were two in the room and showered one after the other, the second person would be starting off in an ankle high puddle, adding to it.
The breakfast staff was nice but the offering was pretty meager. I recommend avoiding the cheese or meats and just having some fruit.
Wifi worked or didn't here and there but you can't expect it to be perfect everywhere.
I very much regret booking this hotel and would have preferred to have spent more money just for a good night's rest.

Room Tip: If you have to book this, ask for rooms without windows to the street.
Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

This is a cozy, nice hotel. Small and enjoyable with the context of Cusco. Excellent for what you need, a good rest and clean shower. The staff is very polite and helpful. The location is perfect for walking Cusco. Sometimes, the wifi was a bit poor and inconsistent.
I could stay here again without a problem.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We had a room in the `interior' of the building which meant no windows to the streets. The creaking stair was next to the room so it was pretty noisy. However, the location is really good, the breakfast was normal for the price class and the room was cheaper than most alternatives.

Room Tip: Say that you don't want a room facing the lobby on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a night. It was ~$50USD. It was right next to Starbucks and right in the main plaza. The location is unbeatable! We had a nice, bigger room for 2 ppl. Showers worked, there wAs a working tv. Wifi was on and off. My friend had no problems, but I had trouble connecting. (I also am not the best w technology). The rooms were clean, the complimentary breakfast was great! I would definitely recommend. We stayed somewhere else in cusco and liked this place a lot better. Staff was friendly and helpful! I would stay again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Henry Y, Director de Recepción at Loreto Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Dear Lsevero
Thank you for sharing your comments. It was nice to receive it
I am pleased that you had an excellent stay and that our facilities have met your expectations. Likewise, I am pleased that our location has been convenient. As you mention, we are in the most central area of Cusco. On the other hand, I thank you for your good comments regarding our team. It is a great satisfaction for us to have a group of people who could make you feel at home. I sincerely hope to receive it again.

Best regards,
Henry Yabar
Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Nice to have breakfast included, though we weren't able to take advantage of it as we were off on excursions early most mornings. Coca tea was appreciated to help adjust to altitude. Best thing about this hotel was the staff. They were helpful and courteous at all times.
Being so close to the plaza, we found the constant noise very disturbing. It was difficult to sleep as people were often loud, yelling and singing when walking down the alley between our hotel and the building beside it late at night, and there always seems to be a parade or demonstration happening in the square. We were enticed to stay here because of the location, and the historic significance of the inca walls and the history.
Convenience to the city centre is nice, but the noise was terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the plaza.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends