“Very nice but quite noisy”

Loreto Boutique Hotel
Ranked #27 of 517 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Nice to have breakfast included, though we weren't able to take advantage of it as we were off on excursions early most mornings. Coca tea was appreciated to help adjust to altitude. Best thing about this hotel was the staff. They were helpful and courteous at all times.
Being so close to the plaza, we found the constant noise very disturbing. It was difficult to sleep as people were often loud, yelling and singing when walking down the alley between our hotel and the building beside it late at night, and there always seems to be a parade or demonstration happening in the square. We were enticed to stay here because of the location, and the historic significance of the inca walls and the history.
Convenience to the city centre is nice, but the noise was terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the plaza.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

They have no idea of what a hotel boutique is supposed to be.
No windows on most rooms, dirty floors, old towels, terrible breakfast (margarine!!!).
I would never recommend this place, they opt to save on soap to wash the sheets and it most definitely shows.
Very bad experience.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carmen D
Reviewed 19 November 2016

I booked the hotel on November 16th for 1 night the 18th and then found out that night on the 16th there was strike for all the trains and buses which meant no visiting Machu Picchu. I called the hotel on the 17th to cancel but they would not cancel my reservation I booked it on Expedia.ca and it was not refundalbe .. I understand but considering that I had to cancel change my flight and was not going because I did not want to spend all this money and not see Machu Picchu.. I feel they where not very understanding .. It I did not show up without a good reason I understand.. I will be going to Cusco to See lMachu Picchu and I will not stay at Loreto Boutique Hotel. If they are not that understand I suspect there overall service is poor..

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank F Peter J
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We stayed in the Loreto Boutique hotel for 3 nights while visitin Cusco! It is in walking distance to just about everything! The farthest we walked was to Centro Artesanal market which was about 20 minutes tops. The hotel itself was amazing. We stayed during a large festive which you would have never known because once you step in, the noise to the outside is gone! The services were great, hot water, running toilet. The beds were great and the service at the hotel was amazing. The women who run it were beyond help and if we find ourselves in Cusco again, we will be staying here!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Henry Y, Director de Recepción at Loreto Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Amanda
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel. We really appreciate knowing the opinion of our guests, as it helps us to notice those points that we can improve. Likewise, I am pleased that our location has been convenient. As you mention, we are in the most central area of Cusco. On the other hand, I thank you for your good comments regarding our team, We are sorry to hear that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be shared with the corresponding areas to evaluate options for improvement as we always seek to ensure the satisfaction of our guests.

Best regards

Henry Yabar
Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2016

This hotel is in an ideal location, right on central square. Reasonable price, staff is very friendly. Rooms are fairly tired, bedding a bit dated, rooms pretty spartan. Cuzco seems to have a pretty bifurcated hotel system - reasonable but somewhat mediocre accommodations, and nice but much more expensive. This place was fine for me, my wife was not crazy about it, but is was inexpensive, and well located. Baths are fine. Breakfast is very basic - again fine for me, but my teenage children were left wanting. Was able to basically leave bags in room when went on Inca Trail hike - so very convenient in a lot of ways.

I had to go back and reread the ratings again - I picked this through tripadvisor, may well have picked it again after staying here - but I struggle to understand who would give it a 5 star rating frankly. That is not a negative on hotel exactly - but creates a completely false impression of hotel, and a set of expectations that are not going to be met. I stayed at 3 other hotels in Peru this trip - one was a clear 5 star, and it is night and day. Anyone giving Loreto a five rating is not being very helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing street
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family