All reviews great location the main square hot water decent hotel recommend this hotel room was large free breakfast free coca tea stayed here for nights wifi heater tile
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

They have no idea of what a hotel boutique is supposed to be.
No windows on most rooms, dirty floors, old towels, terrible breakfast (margarine!!!).
I would never recommend this place, they opt to save on soap to wash the sheets and it most definitely shows.
Very bad experience.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carmen D
Reviewed 19 November 2016

I booked the hotel on November 16th for 1 night the 18th and then found out that night on the 16th there was strike for all the trains and buses which meant no visiting Machu Picchu. I called the hotel on the 17th to cancel but they would not cancel my reservation I booked it on Expedia.ca and it was not refundalbe .. I understand but considering that I had to cancel change my flight and was not going because I did not want to spend all this money and not see Machu Picchu.. I feel they where not very understanding .. It I did not show up without a good reason I understand.. I will be going to Cusco to See lMachu Picchu and I will not stay at Loreto Boutique Hotel. If they are not that understand I suspect there overall service is poor..

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank F Peter J
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We stayed in the Loreto Boutique hotel for 3 nights while visitin Cusco! It is in walking distance to just about everything! The farthest we walked was to Centro Artesanal market which was about 20 minutes tops. The hotel itself was amazing. We stayed during a large festive which you would have never known because once you step in, the noise to the outside is gone! The services were great, hot water, running toilet. The beds were great and the service at the hotel was amazing. The women who run it were beyond help and if we find ourselves in Cusco again, we will be staying here!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Henry Y, Director de Recepción at Loreto Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Amanda
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel. We really appreciate knowing the opinion of our guests, as it helps us to notice those points that we can improve. Likewise, I am pleased that our location has been convenient. As you mention, we are in the most central area of Cusco. On the other hand, I thank you for your good comments regarding our team, We are sorry to hear that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be shared with the corresponding areas to evaluate options for improvement as we always seek to ensure the satisfaction of our guests.

Best regards

Henry Yabar
Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2016

This hotel is in an ideal location, right on central square. Reasonable price, staff is very friendly. Rooms are fairly tired, bedding a bit dated, rooms pretty spartan. Cuzco seems to have a pretty bifurcated hotel system - reasonable but somewhat mediocre accommodations, and nice but much more expensive. This place was fine for me, my wife was not crazy about it, but is was inexpensive, and well located. Baths are fine. Breakfast is very basic - again fine for me, but my teenage children were left wanting. Was able to basically leave bags in room when went on Inca Trail hike - so very convenient in a lot of ways.

I had to go back and reread the ratings again - I picked this through tripadvisor, may well have picked it again after staying here - but I struggle to understand who would give it a 5 star rating frankly. That is not a negative on hotel exactly - but creates a completely false impression of hotel, and a set of expectations that are not going to be met. I stayed at 3 other hotels in Peru this trip - one was a clear 5 star, and it is night and day. Anyone giving Loreto a five rating is not being very helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing street
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TWHjr
Reviewed 8 August 2016

The hotel has a great location! But by the grade and price, we expected a little more of this hotel. The room was simple but confortable. However, the hot water was not working and we were there in the coldest weather, that was a bit inconvenient. The breakfast could also be better. The hotel has two parts and we were in the back of, which may explain the regular lodging.

Room Tip: Chose the rooms in the main building of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple