All reviews great location the main square hot water decent hotel recommend this hotel room was large free breakfast free coca tea stayed here for nights wifi heater tile
Reviewed 21 April 2015

My brother and I stayed in Loreto Boutique Hotel for 2 nights in March.
From the moment we booked, we were contacted by the hotel with information of additional services such as tours and airport transfers. This came very useful as we were arriving to Cusco very early and wanted a quick and easy way to get to the hotel. We ordered hotel transfer (20 soles) and a friendly driver waited for us at the airport even though our flight was delayed. Once we arrived to the hotel, the check in was smooth, we were offered coca leaves tea and given a room with and Inkan wall as requested in our booking. They also help us book our tour to Machu Picchu ($225 for student and $250 per adult which was considerably less than charged by other companies).
As other travellers already stated, this is not a boutique hotel, it's more of a hostel but the location is what counts! You are literally on a main square in Cusco which makes it easy for sightseeing and dining at night.
The room itself was just ok, it felt dump, the heating and hairdryer weren't working but at the same time when we mentioned it to the reception, they provided a portable heater and a new dryer. The cleaniness of the room was just ok so if this is very important for you, stay somewhere else.
Breakfast was basic but good, eggs, toast, fresh juices and fruit. For the day of our trip to Machu Picchu, we were offered packed lunch which was a nice touch.
Overall, I consider this hotel average but staff and location more than make up for it.
It's a great place to stay in Cusco as you're never in you room anyway!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2015

Loreto is not a boutique hotel, its an upscale hostel or a mid-range hotel. Yet, its worth the price, the rooms are clean and staff is extremely helpful. You can't beat the location. This is a great choice if you planning on exploring Cusco as you should be and not spending time in a hotel room. Great room to share with friends. The beds have enough space around them and the rooms are big.

Room Tip: Stay in the lower rooms after your hike. The top rooms are great before because of the windows
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

We booked this place at the very laat minute having decided not to go ahead with our stay at the Wifala Thematic as we were very uncomfortable with the remote location and rooms. The hotel is fairly basic so keep your expectations reasonable and ignore the word "boutique" and you will be fine. The staff are lovely and the price is great given that you are basically in the Plaza de Armas. There was a lot of building work going on when we stayed but thats life sometimes and I think the heavily reduced price reflected this.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2015

This has been a very pleasant hotel to stay at from the start till the end.

On our arrival, we were offered Coca tea and then shown to our rooms. All the staff were very friendly, with the majority speaking English. They helped us to contact travel agencies and other businesses. They also provided advice on tourists attractions and pricing for each. Two tea stations available so you can help yourself anytime. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise, where you are asked if you want eggs or pancakes as you walk into the dinning area, they then proceed to make it fresh for you. They have other things available like fresh fruit, cereal and jam. A special shout out to Frederick and Diane for all their help.

Our room was quite large, there was a queen bed, a double and a single. However beds came and left during our stay, we have a feeling our room was used as bed storage! It was a newly renovated room, and there were renovations happening next to our room (which was unfortunate with the loud sounds, but it's just bad timing on our behalf). It was very clean, wifi was strong, tv was modern, bathroom was equipped with amenities. However, you have to wait approximately two minutes for the hot water to come out.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2015

I have just returned from Cusco 2 days ago, FYI.You cannot beat the location of this hotel. It is right on the Plaza De Armas in Cusco. Lots of restaurants and things to see. The hotel though... Very depressing. This place has a lot of potential but just misses the mark. My room was so dank, dark, and musty that I was forced to get out every day just to be away from it. This was definitely a case of me getting what I paid for. The one window I had in my room was on the first floor facing a courtyard so the panes where frosted and hardly let in any light. I had to turn on lamps in the day time just to have proper light. The room constantly smelled moldy. After having traveled about 17 hours to get there and wanting to desperately take a shower upon arrival, I discovered no towels or soap in my room and did not receive any for about 5 hours. I was housed in an area of the hotel that was being renovated so there was the constant sound of drilling, hammering, and sawing. This started early morning and went until the early eve. The room had no place to hang any clothing or store anything. We are talking about very basic accommodations. The hotel lobby is very refreshing and makes you think the rooms would be just as charming but NOPE! When I first stepped inside my room I was literally depressed but I figured I should just make the best of it. Every morning I would find little black bugs in my bathroom sink, some still alive. The last straw was when I went to climb into bed my last night there and saw a bug (which closely resembled a bed bug) crawling across one of the pillows. I lost it! I immediately called my airline and arranged an early flight back home. Now there is the worry of whether or not my luggage was compromised. Everything had to be bagged and sealed. The location of this place is perfect but the hotel needs a lot of work. Please do note that the hotel staff here was GREAT! and very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo