Open today: 08:30 - 13:00, 15:00 - 19:30
Review Highlights
Unforgettable experience with Alpaca Expeditions!

I had such an amazing experience with Alpaca Expeditions, I had to share about it! I signed up solo... read more

Reviewed yesterday
ChelseaCampbell
via mobile
Classic Inka Trail on a Different Level

This was by far the best hiking experience of my life. The nature and historical sights we visited... read more

Reviewed yesterday
pavelpiperkov
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from US$479.00
from US$788.00
from US$45.00
from US$479.00
8,598 results
All reviews green machine inca trail cake chose alpaca machu picchu juan carlos head porter every meal amazing experience food was amazing sleeping bags once in a lifetime other companies these guys making sure sous chef an amazing job
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When you set out on your first solo bag-packing vacation, you're always a mix of great excitement and contradictory anxieties about where you'll go, what you'll bring, and how you'll get there. I was no exception to these thoughts, but after arriving in Peru and acclimating to the altitude, I strolled into Alpaca Expedition's office for the initial briefing and introduction of the group members. It was truly a one-of-a-kind adventure from the beginning of Day-1 to the final day's visit to Machu Picchu and drop-off at the end of Day-4. This was a highly enlightening and uplifting experience for a first-time visitor like me; all credit goes to our tour guide Yeol Huaman and the full chef and porter crew.

I am a vegetarian, but due to my allergies, I have several food restrictions. Yeol, the crew's leader, was very thoughtful in checking in with me and the chef each day to ensure that I was comfortable and that my dietary needs were met. His extensive knowledge of local history was both educational and engaging throughout the trip. His attitude of humor and overall energy were extremely inspiring, making the difficult day 2 hike a little easier. Yeol is extremely well-
organized, and his empathetic demeanor was comforting and commendable.
Green Machine, as the porters are known, watching them zoom past us every-day was an absolute delight; their passion and perseverance in assisting our group with our duffel bags, sleeping tents, food, and general hospitality were amazing.

Alpaca Group should be extremely proud of their fantastic crew of porters, chefs, and tour guide Yeol, who not only guided us through the trip but also made it an unforgettable experience along the ancient pilgrimage trail to the sacred site of Machu- Picchu.

2  Thank mvraghav34
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We met Isao, our guide the day prior to our hike. Isao went through the itinerary and made sure we packed what we needed. The hike was strenuous and challenging. Isao pointed out birds to my husband who is an avid birdwatcher. He kept our 23 year old daughter engaged. He carried and served our tasty lunch of quinoa, roasted chicken and vegetables. At the end of the almost 8 hour hike, we were rewarded with spectacular views of Machu Picchu. We freshened up at a nice hotel in Aguas Calientes and had a sumptuous authentic Peruvian dinner at a local restaurant, and had awesome maracuya pisco sour. Isao’s guided Machu-Picchu tour the next day was even more spectacular. Cheers to a job well done, Alpaca Expeditions, and to the most amazing guide - Isao!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank hazelg697
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

MOST amazing experience ever!

I cannot rave enough about Alpaca Expeditions and their team of fantastic people! If you are planning to hike the Inca Trail I would strongly urge you to use Alpaca for your trip.

My mother and I did the classis 4day/3 Night trek and Alpaca Expeditions was amazing. From start to finish they handled everything and went above and beyond to make our experience as easy and wonderful as possible.

Our tour guide, Erick, was one of the best parts of the trip. He knew everything about the Inca Trail and more. On top of that he had the best personality and was an incredible motivator for our group, always encouraging us! Such a great personality. We lucked out and our other trek-mates were fantastic and we made friends for life! Erick went above and beyond when we struggled a little bit with keeping up from the altitude sickness, my mother never acclimated and the trek was a lot more difficult for her and me and Erick pushed us through! He even loaned his warm jacket to my mother after hers got soaked from the rain. He truly is amazing at what he does.

The porters are superhumans, carrying 20-30lbs of our our supplies and clothing, they couldn't have been nicer and did everything to help make our trip the best!

Chef Walter and his meals were out of this world, we ate like kings up in the secluded mountains. Every meal was incredible and different from the last. The food was probably one of the best parts of the trip. Chef Walter, Erick and their team also went above and beyond when they found out my mother had her birthday during our 4 day trek. They surprised her by making a gourmet cake from scratch without knowing ahead of time, cooked the cake in a pot and took Chef Walter 4 hours! It made her day and was so special.

If you are planning any tour group packages for the Inca Trail you HAVE to use Alpaca. It was our first time making the trek so i am not familiar with other companies, but a couple friends recommended them to us after their trek and we are so glad they did! The whole trip was absolutely perfect and was definitely 5 star service!

So grateful to Alpaca and their team!

1  Thank scotd853
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An unforgettable experience !
Robinson and Aldolpho led the group on an amazing journey . Their knowledge, experience and professionalism was beyond what I ever imagined . Robinson is best tour guide !!!!
A special thanks to the Porters and Chef Mario for all the delicious meals !
Thank your Alpaca expeditions for all you do !

1  Thank Romeolove3
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Alpaca Expeditions was professional, organized, and friendly. The chef was amazing! Always plenty of food and it was all delicious. Our tour guide was patient and so knowledgeable about the history of the Incas as well as the land we hiked through. It was challenging and rewarding. The views were amazing! I would definitely recommend this trek with Alpaca Expeditions!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction