3,436 results
All reviews resort fee machu picchu former convent egg station inca wall steam room breakfast buffet extra oxygen beautiful property pisco sours coca tea high altitude the main square altitude sickness bottled water the location is perfect sacred valley
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

It was fantastic. And not because the property is quaint and authentic, but because the Staff working at this hotel are BRILLIANT.
I’d like to mention two names that stood out during our stay. Solange, Concierge, who did not only provided the best guidance ever, but also, looked after us as if we were her own guests. What an increadible devotion to her work and to her guests! She went above and beyond during our stay and really hosted us. I have to admit with my humble 890 nights at Hilton’s and circa 600 nights at Marriotts, this one was exceptional. Thank you, Solange!

The second person I’d like to metion is Abel. He went above and beyond to help with little things that mattered the most.

These two individuals have made the stay truly incredible.

But it didn’t end with this hotel’s staff greatness. Jesus at breakfast and the hosts in the restaurant remembered both of our names and welcomes us individually, not by Sir. And with high occupancy, I felt special, recognized and taken care of.
The receptionist Landry solved a problem that I encountered to the best of her ability and I was impressed. It was sincere and kind.

And finally the star of the hotel Pancha, the sweetest Alpaca with her owner Sra Bonifacia.

Bonifacia told me infesting stories, shared her deep cultural views and it was part of the hotel authenticity.

To those who read these reviews, let me assure you that if you are looking for a boutique experience, this is your hotel. Book it! You won’t regret. They have this “savoir faire” and truly few properties do!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2018

This is a very beautiful, unique luxury hotel, architecturally designed and décor fitted to blend in with Cusco’s historical city centre. It was built on the site of a former 16th century convent, and some of the restored portions of the original building are now part of the Marriott. It is located a few blocks from Plaza de Armas (my favourite place to hang out in Cusco). My room was spacious, luxurious, and had a desk and coffee maker. The bed, bedding and pillows were very nice and allowed for a great night’s sleep. There is a beautiful, open-air courtyard the centre of the hotel. Staff members are very friendly, attentive, helpful and provide impeccable, excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank KodoDrummer
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful property - a former convent which has Inca ruins beneath it. Would recommend the hotel tour (first hotel where we’ve stayed where a tour was in order!). Really enjoyed our stay before and after our Salkantay trek. Nice rooms, friendly staff, great location ... and enjoyed relaxing in the bar area a few times. Made for a great stay in Cusco.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2018

The reason why this is one of my favorite hotels ever is that the hotel staff are extremely nice and caring. They really go out of their way to make your entire stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. I travel almost weekly and I can seriously say that I will always remember this hotel. It’s also extremely beautiful and the food is wonderful. Worth every Sole that we paid. My husband and I traveled with our 6 year old son and he loved meeting Panchita the alpaca....truth is so did I! We also took advantage of the free market visit with the executive chef of the hotel and we loved it! We tried all the fruit at the market and Peruvian chocolate and the executive chef, Jonathan, was super friendly and helpful. On our last day, one of the waitresses at breakfast gave my son a toy llama to take home. Basically, the hotel staff definitely go out of their way to exceed your expectations. Even the little free tours that the hotel throws in are all so much fun. Lastly, the location can’t be beat!! We will be back!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

JW Marriott El Convento in Cusco is a great location with a wonderful staff centrally located in Cusco. The entire staff is extremely attentive and very friendly. Front Desk and concierge greet you with a smile and willing to be of assistance and provide guidance and options. The Concierge provide us great restaurant options for dinner and arranged for a Shaman to come to the hotel and do a ritual for us.

The food is superb, the rooms are great, the attention to detail is amazing..... overall an amazing property with wonderful staff. Highly recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family