US$131
Hotels.com
US$710
US$599
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$728/night.

Intro Hostels Cusco(Cusco)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfiltered waterno liftthe main squaregreat locationcoca tearoof terracemachu picchueggsthird flooronsite restaurantbreadflights of stairsinca trailtop floorvery nice hotelstreet noisedouble bed
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed for about 5 days whilst touring area. Good location very near main square. Rooms adequate with all that is needed for this type of visit. Onsite restaurant was ok and the breakfast was good. Staff very helpful and friendly. Stored cases when we went down to Michu Picchu.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

The place is what you call a regular 3* hotel. Nice, clean, properly spaced, a decent breakfast; all in all nothing fancy but more than a hostel. Obviously also they charge more than a hostel, fair enough. The location is very centric, so the main square and a number of restaurants are very close by.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank hbkm
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in October. We were supposed to do the Inca Trail but my partner got sick so we had to cancel at the very last minute....hence why we stayed in the hotel for so many nights.

The first two rooms we had were average size but the third room we had was a fantastic size (2 double beds). We stayed in 3 different rooms in total. Check in was swift and easy. The location is excellent - just literally around the corner from the main square. There is a grocery store very close by (across the street) and a cheap laundromat at the end of the street (turn left).

I have to say the reception staff (several of them) were very helpful as we had a crisis while we were there. They provided a portable heater when I mentioned my partner was sick - I didn't even have to ask for it. A big thank you goes out to them!!

Breakfast was great....buffet plus you can order eggs scrambled or fried.
They provide distilled water free in the main lobby - very nice feature!

There is no elevator but the porter will carry your bags up and down for you (don't forget to tip him. :) ). There are 3 floors in the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cusco....and when I go back to do the Inca Trail, I'll stay there again!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

It was clean! Like other guests I was grateful my main luggage was stored whilst as advised I travelled light to Machu Picchu. Both the rooms I had were internal with no windows/ view etc. First one was average double bed admittedly very comfortable but I don't care where I travel there are two things I really hate . 1. Shower curtains- can't possibly be kept clean and free from germs yuck 2. No Tea / Coffee making facilities in the room. I know this is not 'done' in so many other countries but it is such a shame. It doesn't cost much to install a kettle some sachets of tea and coffee and yes fresh milk is preferable but I'll always accept uht as long as I can wake up to a cuppa before getting dressed.
On my return there was a lovely touch a 'welcome back ' note and chocolate. I was a single traveller and the room was huge - single and double bed again very comfortable. Unfortunately I had been up since 4 am and desperately needed to sleep. That's when it all went wrong!! There was a live band I assume in the hotel until 12 midnight. Hotels in Peru have no sound proofing you can hear every rustle from the room next door. - Note to anyone considering a honeymoon here!!! I tossed and turned placed pillows over my head but no sleep until the 'entertainment ' finished . So much for an early night! Breakfast is ok - you can order scrambled or fried eggs but when I asked for a boiled I was pointed to a bowl of eggs in water - cold and hard again I couldn't eat it. Staff are warm and friendly. Fresh water and coca leaf infusions are available all the time. This hotel could be so much more than it currently offers with a few extra touches

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We find it a little hard to rate Maytaq Wasin as we stayed there twice before and after a trip up Sacred Valley. Our first experience was very positive. Our second, not quite so. We did appreciate, however, the hotel looking after our suitcases while we travelled "light" to Machu Picchu, and the ready availability of filtered water and coca tea was welcome. On our first stay our room was on the third floor and it was spacious and clean with a lovely large courtyard outside. On our return we were directed to a much smaller second floor room that had clearly only been set up for one person even though we were a couple. There was only one towel, one cup, small bed, etc. Our first room had a spa, but no mini-bar, and there is no lift. Having just arrived at altitude tramping up stairs with cases was unwelcome, and while the spa was a room feature, climbing into and out of it to shower was not the best. Breakfast was good with scrambled egg available if asked for, and there is an integral bar where it is worthwhile paying extra for their fresh espresso or hot herbal/coca teas. Staff were generally helpful with fair English, but our early morning wake-up call was 20 minutes late, then the EFT-POS machine would not work meaning we had to pay in cash, involving an unwanted pre 6.00 a.m. walk to the bank. So, our rating of Maytaq would be that it has a great location, and very comfortable rooms on the TOP FLOOR, but the absence of a lift is unfortunate, as is some lack of attention to detail in setting up rooms and attending to admin matters (EFT-POS, wake-up calls, etc).

Room Tip: Definitely top floor only where there is a great "roof-top" courtyard and views
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple