Free cancellation until 26/07
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$68
US$66
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$52
US$381
US$329
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$370/night.

US$710
US$670
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate bedroomthe san pedro marketpleasant staysacred valleywithin walking distancethe main squarehostelbedstourcourtyard
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Overall impression ok. I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't give it a better review. First off, if you went to the website and saw the stay longer for 2 days you get a reduced rate deal....they don't honor it. Why I don't know since it's on the website. They said they couldn't do it since the owner wasn't there. Isn't that what telephones are for? The discounted price was one of the reasons why I stayed here. Very disappointed. The people are nice that work here, but at night the young guy working played the music very loud and talked very loud...past 10. People were sleeping. And smoking inside? Not cool. The shower is nice, although there is only one for the dorm rooms. And one toilet with no handsoap at the sink to wash your hands. Gross. Not too bad, but I'm sure when it's busy it sucks. The building is cold in the mornings, so wear layers. The beds are a bit outdated with a few broken springs, but I got used to it and have had good nights sleep. Besides the snoring people....if you know your a snorer, get your own room. The breakfast tho makes up for everything. Bread, butter, jam, eggs cooked how you like, fruit and vegetables. granola with yogurt, coffee, tea. Very yummy. Oh...a recycling bin here would be awesome! Empty plastic bottles all over. Basically if they kept their word (per the website) about a discounted price, and made a few changes I would have given a better review. I felt a bit screwed tho. Oh well. I would recommend it tho just for the breakfast and location!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Marlon's House is a very good hostel for a very reasonable price. It's located in a quiet street about 5-10 minutes walk from the main square. The staff is very nice and helpful, even if you don't book the tours with them or when you arrive in the middle of the night. We had a big room with a clean bathroom, there is a beautiful patio where you can relax and where the (very good) breakfast is served and they have a well equiped kitchen.
Very much recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Marlon Edwin S, Gerente at Marlon's House Cusco-Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2015

Dear Customer.

It was a pleasure to have your visit to Perú and specially to our hostel in Cusco. we hope that you really enjoyed your stay at our hostel and of course you took some good memories about our country.

We really appreciatte your contribution about our hostel and you know we are very happy for the time you join with us.

God Bless you!!!!

Kind Regards.

Atte.

Marlon's House Cusco.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was my first experience staying at a hostel. Overall, it was pretty decent considering the cheap price. We stayed there for two nights during the last week of May and returned for one night in June.

Airport Pick Up - Marlon's House provides airport transportation for $10. The drivers were on time.

Location - Very close to the main plaza. Everything we wanted to see in Cusco was a close walk away from Marlon's.

Bedroom - For the first part of our stay, we had a room with a private bathroom on the first floor. We ended up having an extra bed in our room, which was kind of nice because we could put all of our clothes and stuff on the extra bed and not have everything on the floor. My only complaints are that the bed was really hard/uncomfortable and the room was very close to the breakfast dining area so it was always very loud. For the second part of our stay, we had a room with a private bathroom on the second floor. This room was fine and a lot quieter than the first room. My only complaint was that the covers on the bed had a few stains on them.

Bathroom - The bathrooms in both rooms were clean and the toilet worked fine. The shower never really got warm, which kind of sucked considering how cold the temperature was in the early morning and late night. I never really felt warm the entire time I was at Marlon's.

Food - The breakfast was great! There was pound cake, eggs, bread, yogurt, etc. And tea...I swear that is the only thing that warmed me up on those cold mornings!

Luggage - While we were on the Salkantay 5 day trek, we were able to keep our extra luggage at Marlon's. Everything was fine and I picked my luggage up after the trek. Nothing was stolen.

Security - I felt very safe at Marlon's. They have a doorbell on the door and no one can come in unless you ring the door bell and someone lets you enter.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd floor...it gets very loud on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed for around 7 nights in Marlon´s House, Cusco at the start of May. It was a really good base to explore Cusco. It was a 5 minute walk into town and the staff were really helpful at showing us on the map where everything was! We had a private en-suite room, which was clean, spacious and always had hot water. Breakfast was included and there was bread, cereal, coffee/teas etc and even eggs, which was nice! They had facilities for you to cook if you wanted and there was a fridge too - although we only really cooked quick meals like soup/pasta. They also had a computer for guests to use free of charge, which was really useful! Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and continued on to stay in Marlon´s Houses in Arequipa and Puno afterwards.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We spent 3 nights here and felt that the room, staff, breakfast and travel agency were adequate to good. The location was great and we felt safe. We did run into an issue with some boots left on the tour bus. Although we called and they arranged to pick them up, in the end they said the bus company threw them out. Highly unlikely! Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay and I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family