“Bed was torture”

Ranked #45 of 357 Cusco B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh
“Bed was torture”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The people were nice and the location worked for us since we wanted to be close to the airport. However, the bed had a huge dip in it and we were up all night. I actually turned and tried to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed, but it was just as bad. Agony!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
nyc
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was friendly. The only downside was that it was not in the city so we need to cab (3-5 soles which is like 1-2 USD, so it was no biggie) There is a bank and supermarket close by which was convenient .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Although the staff is extremely helpful and the hotel is very nice, this does not make up for the big issue with the beds.

I stayed in the matrimonial on the top floor.

Because of bad beds and pillows, I actually had to end my trip in Peru and I had to pay over $800.00 to buy an airline ticket to head back home for treatment on my neck.

The pain was so bad, that I could not move my neck and I was actually light headed for days from the pain when I was in Ollantaytambo, Lima and back in Canada. I couldn't sleep properly for days as a result and could not drive. It was very debilitating.

This place is not near the Plaza De Armas, and it is cold and it would not be a lie to say that the beds are so bad that it ruined my vacation; I had to return home. Its been almost a week later since I've stayed there, and my neck is still stiff and immobile and I am in great pain.

In addition, with the matrimonial room on the third floor, birds scurry around on the roof all day, so it can be very noisy.

I cannot recommend this place.
These owners really need to buy new beds and pillows if they want to ensure the safety of their guests; holding out on new mattresses and pillows are not worth it.
If you really want to stay here, ask for a room with new bedding.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank ThanksForReplying
Reviewed 27 November 2010

We weren't sure what to expect but we trusted reviews we saw on trip advisor. We are happy we did because it is really cute and clean, close enough to the city center and airport, and great friendly service from the owners. They have a cute little patio on the third floor open to anyone who stays with them and a nice little common area space with a TV and computer if you need it. And it also was great to find out they had wifi secure access. We also were happy to see the place was in a safe area. The casa is approx a 40 min walk to plaza de armas (city center) and a 10 min cab ride that was like paying for peanuts it was so inexpensive. We had to get up early one morning and they accomodated an early breakfast for us which was much appreciated! The ONLY things I think someone would like to know about our stay: beds are a bit hard (although the blankets are plenty comfy) and the windows are thin so any noise outside is noise inside your room (there were some locals loudly talking one night and another time a woman was crushing 2 liter bottles at 6am. Other than that it was a great stay for the $30 a night value!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Willemstad, Curacao
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Situated in a quiet and safe neighbourhood, Rosa Polar and her lovable family make you feel right at home. Rooms are kept clean daily and of a normal size. Small TV provided in room. Hot water 24 hrs. Breakfast provided and fruit basket available in the reception area. Internet/Wifi provided. Transportation from and to the airport provided. They can also arrange transportation to/from the train station (Poroy) or sightseeing tours (Sacred Valley) . There are supermarkets, restaurants, pizzerias, church, taxi and banks at hands reach.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple