“More than a Hotel, Recoleta is my home in Cusco.”

and 1 more site!
Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta
Ranked #17 of 529 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I've been in Cusco several times. Whether it is a family trip, for work or to enjoy a vacation with friends, when choosing accommodation in Cusco, I choose Recoleta.

Not only for the kindness that characterizes Javier or the warmth of its environments and its strategic location, but for the good vibes of all its staff, the attention and the predisposition to help the guest at all times and to cover all their needs.

I've stayed in different types of rooms, which are really cozy. All bathrooms are cleaned, and have hot water (a basic but very necessary service, which costs to find in Cusco). Rates include breakfast, and every day there is a special offer: pancakes, scrambled eggs, etc. When I've needed, they've provided me information for the different tours that can be done in the city of Cusco and its surroundings.

What identifies Recoleta is that, apart from being a lodging, it does not lose the essence and the warmth of a home, as well as a high quality personalized service. When I'm staying there, I feel like I'm home.

Room Tip: I recommend the private rooms are more comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

" Everyone at staff was so friendly and helpful. The hostel was in good location. The room was a good size and was very confortable. Javier, the owner was nice.We felt were part of his family. Machu Picchu is amazing. We enjoyed our stay in Cusco. "

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

There was no hot water in the private shower,it was very noisy because we got the room facing the street so couldn't sleep, the decoration is too dark and kind of creepy with all the trolls. we booked a tour with them trusting it was good price and then we realized they charged us double the price than other agencies and when we complained the guy (owner I think) gave us a sermon in Spanish considering that my friend didn't speak Spanish that was super rude because he could speak English and we didn't get our money back at the end.
We changed hostel and for the same price we got a better hostel, with nicer breakfast,better service and better environment and facilities, better staff and closer to the center, so i wouldnt go back to this one or recomend it

No habia agua caliente en el baño privado, nos toco la habitacion hacia la calle y había mucho ruido no pudimos dormir, el hostal es muy oscuro y un poco creepy con los troles que tienen. Rentamos un tour con ellos confiando que era un buen precio y cuando nos dimos cuenta que nos cobraron lo doble que todas las otras agencia y reclamamos, el dueño nos dio un sermón en español lo cual fue de muy mal gusto puesto que él hablaba perfecto inglés y mi amiga no hablaba español, y al final no nos devolvió el dinero.
Cambiamos de hostal y encontramos uno muchísimo mejor por el mismo precio, con mejor ambiente, mejor desayuno, mejor instalaciones y mejor personal, y más cerca del centro. Así que ni regresaría aquí ni lo recomiendo.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I stayed here in April 2016. From the moment I got there they were sooo extremely helpful! I flew into cusco but My plan was not to stay the night in cusco that night, i was going to catch a train right away to go to Machu Picchu, but as soon as i landed I had altitude sickness and felt terrible, so i went to the hospedaje and asked if i could have a room to lay down in for just a few hours. They gladly let me stay in a small room and gave me tea for the sickness! Then later I came back and stayed with them 3 nights. They helped me with literally everything i needed. even arguing with a taxi driver who had my cell phone and was holding it for ransom, Javier stood up for me and got the man to return my phone to me. For a young female solo traveler, their help was priceless.

As for the accommadation, it was comfortable, clean, and nice. The wifi is alright. My room was cold at night but they gladly gave me a space heater to keep in there and that helped a lot! The location is pretty good, it could be closer to more things but its not bad. The price is very reasonable.

Definitely recommend and appreciate everything they did for me!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2017

This hostel is within easy walking distance (5-10 minutes) of the main square(s). We felt super safe all over Cusco, including around this hostel at night and in the early morning. This is not a party hostel. It was quiet, and peaceful and nights and in the morning. We really enjoyed waking up to quiet morning and eating the delicious, simple breakfasts and chit chatting some with others staying in the hostel. This hostel was super safe and comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful and accommodating. Would highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple