All reviews thick stone walls cactus garden lovely courtyards center city boil water beautiful small hotel never stay anywhere else pretty garden an oasis of calm two blocks historic property spent nights at this hotel vaulted ceilings yogurt colca canyon booked this hotel appointed rooms
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a renovated colonial mansion a few blocks from the Plaza De Armis. Our room, the common area, and the gardens were all lovely. No problem with very late check in after an 8 hour flight delay. Breakfast was good, and Joshua helped us arrange travel to Colca Canyon that suited our schedule and itinerary, something that I was unable to do online in advance of our arrival. All in all, an excellent stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank diana8433
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I can't believe this hotel! It was stunning!!! And compared to what you'd pay in the United States, such good value! We stayed here two nights (one night before our canyon trek, and the night we returned). We told them we were going on a canyon trek and they packed us a lunch to take. Again, when we had a 7am flight out of Arequipa to Lima. What hotel packs you a lunch??!!! We left our bags here and I never had concerns about safety or things going missing. And when we came back to check in our bags were waiting in our room for us. Both rooms we stayed in were amazing. And the garden in the back of the hotel is a must-visit. I wish we had gotten take out and a bottle of wine and eaten dinner in the courtyard rather than going to the restaurant we went to... The ambience would have been nicer!!! I would definitely return!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheklaH
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was amazing! Excellent value for your money. The place is charming by itself, a little oasis in the middle of the city, with nice gardens and relaxing areas. The rooms are beautiful and extremely clean. Breakfast was simple, but more than enough, with fruits, bread, hams and cheese available and they will cook eggs for you at the moment. However, what made this stay so much more than I expected is the staff and service...outstanding! I do have to mention Joshua, he was the person in charge of the front desk most of the time and he was wonderful. He helped me in every way he could to make my stay more enjoyable and, as a single female traveler, I appreciate the effort to make me feel safe and well taken care of. He always was willing to give recommendations on what to do, explain directions, help to get a taxi (even waited with me outside the hotel to find a taxi), helped me contact my previous hotel for a forgotten item there, do a late check-out, even include a little extra on the breakfast egg serving if I requested it if I was starving (after a long night :-) enjoying the city). They even give you a pisco bottle at the end of your stay as a farewell gift. This was by far the most enjoyable stay in my 35 days in Peru and will go back in a heartbeat. And the price was unbeatable. Thanks Casona Solar for being such a wonderful hotel and Joshua for being such an amazing host!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Great staff very welcoming helpful warm and friendly. Great rooms which are very spacious. The gardens and the terrace are beautiful and the breakfast is amazing! I would defiantly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I visited Arequipa for the Perumin show this year and desperately needed to find a place to stay. My usual hotel was booked so I had to find another option. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and service that the Casona Solar provided. I had the opportunity to chat with the owner and other family members while staying here. The provide transportation for the guests which includes the airport. It was nice to arrive each evening from working to have a complementary drink in the bar. Each morning they served a nice breakfast which was included in my stay. When checking they had a nice gift thanking me for my stay. The thing that stood out most for me was the attention from the entire staff at the Casona Solar! I will be staying here again on my next trip.

Room tip: All rooms are nice but avoid #115 because there are no windows.
Date of stay: September 2017