All reviews thick stone walls lovely courtyards center city an oasis of calm spent nights at this hotel yogurt two blocks booked this hotel colca canyon appointed rooms triple room colonial mansion no window lovely hotel beautiful building inner courtyard reception desk
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was amazing! Excellent value for your money. The place is charming by itself, a little oasis in the middle of the city, with nice gardens and relaxing areas. The rooms are beautiful and extremely clean. Breakfast was simple, but more than enough, with fruits, bread, hams and cheese available and they will cook eggs for you at the moment. However, what made this stay so much more than I expected is the staff and service...outstanding! I do have to mention Joshua, he was the person in charge of the front desk most of the time and he was wonderful. He helped me in every way he could to make my stay more enjoyable and, as a single female traveler, I appreciate the effort to make me feel safe and well taken care of. He always was willing to give recommendations on what to do, explain directions, help to get a taxi (even waited with me outside the hotel to find a taxi), helped me contact my previous hotel for a forgotten item there, do a late check-out, even include a little extra on the breakfast egg serving if I requested it if I was starving (after a long night :-) enjoying the city). They even give you a pisco bottle at the end of your stay as a farewell gift. This was by far the most enjoyable stay in my 35 days in Peru and will go back in a heartbeat. And the price was unbeatable. Thanks Casona Solar for being such a wonderful hotel and Joshua for being such an amazing host!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Great staff very welcoming helpful warm and friendly. Great rooms which are very spacious. The gardens and the terrace are beautiful and the breakfast is amazing! I would defiantly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I visited Arequipa for the Perumin show this year and desperately needed to find a place to stay. My usual hotel was booked so I had to find another option. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and service that the Casona Solar provided. I had the opportunity to chat with the owner and other family members while staying here. The provide transportation for the guests which includes the airport. It was nice to arrive each evening from working to have a complementary drink in the bar. Each morning they served a nice breakfast which was included in my stay. When checking they had a nice gift thanking me for my stay. The thing that stood out most for me was the attention from the entire staff at the Casona Solar! I will be staying here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but avoid #115 because there are no windows.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel through booking.com upon lonely planet recommendation and was not disappointed.

Lovely stone courtyard greets guests and locations is 5 minutes walk from central plaza. We were offered a larger, upgraded room as had arrived early and room booked was not ready. The room was extremely comfortable with enormous bed and plenty of hot water.

The staff kindly offered us breakfast as we would not be in the hotel following morning for this.

They also assisted us in organising a tour for our day of arrival which was a great help given our time limitations.

Great place to stay and ticks all the boxes. Really beautiful building and close to some great restaurants.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Nice Boutique hotel in the center of Arequipa. Almost all rooms are on the groundfloor. We had a room on the front of the building which has a room above it. Because of the location of the room we had some trafic noice and also some noise from the stairway to the room above ours. Because allmost all the hotels in Peru are noise not really problem but if you have a choice i should ask for an other room. The room itselve is big and clean and nicely decorated. Its a short walk to the main square so location is perfect. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast is ok.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple