All reviews eggs hot water doors and windows charming hotel colonial house sunny garden spent nights great room rooms are big a great place to stay santa catalina historic center two blocks stayed longer we arrived early central location main plaza
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We liked it really much. The rooms are big and particular-fine example of 18th century architecture- the bathroom was clean and quite new. Close to the main square. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Laundry also possible. Internet connection in our room was not good.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Incredible place with an amazing atmosphere!
The breakfast is excellent and the room are big and clean.
The hotel is situated in the center of the city (walking distance from all the major attractions).
Highly recommended!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I made my reservation twice, one night in Arequipa then Colca Lodge for 3 nights and come back for the last nigh in this place,, first night was ok, the place was different, my room was the one I reserved, spacious and quiet in the first floor when I came back they change the room, that was horrible, door was not working properly, there was no towels, we have to ask for that, toilet was not working right, in the second floor, facing the street, super noisy, that we couldn’t slept at all, first because of the cars and horns, and after that, when it becomes quiet for the time, just in front of us they were carrying stones and put them in a big truck, that was awful, breakfast is ok. I don’t recommend this hotel, there are many options around for the same price

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Martha W
Reviewed 26 June 2018

This is a great place to stay, with tasteful and original rooms set amongst authentic colonial buildings and lovely gardens. The room was clean and the bathroom large (true the hot water can be erratic, but this is reflective of properties everywhere in Peru) with stylish original fittings throughout. In a central location, the property offers an excellent breakfast overlooking the gardens. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I spent 3 nights at the Hostal la Casa de Melgar in mid-May, and found both pros and cons to my experience.
• I thought the location very good, although not excellent.
• The property has some lovely gardens and courtyards – remnants of its history as a bishop’s home.
• My room was perfectly servicable – except for the temperature, which dropped unacceptably low at night.
• Although the water in my shower never dropped below tolerable, there was not enough hot water for my needs.
• Breakfast, which was supposed to be available from 7 to 10, wasn’t really available until long after 7 (a problem on my last day) and wasn’t necessarily available as late as 10 (my clock said I got there one day at 9:55, by which the place had been cleared of all food and beverage options).

Date of stay: May 2018