US$59
La Hosteria(Arequipa)
US$88
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Positive Hostel & Backpackers(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
US$20
US$84
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Bothy Hostel Arequipa(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
US$15
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

My travel agency swears this is a 4* hotel but I felt it more like a 3* hotel. The rooms need a bit of updating and you can hear noise theough the walls. Being on the 1st floor I could hear an argument loud and clear that was being had at the reception desk. Moreover, the breakfast was the poorest I had during my 12-day visit in Peru having visited about 7 hotels.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel; it was one of the best hotels during our 43-day trip through South America. The staff spoke quite good English and was very helpful, made the room twice a day, provided candies as a small compliment every evening.
The room was spacious, nice and well equipped, the only disadvantage was a bit dark bathroom. The location of the hotel is very central, next door to St Catalina Monastery. We can really recommend it.
Special comment for Russians: тапочки есть.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2014

Ok, where do I start. I just stayed here for three nights mid october 2014 and was banking on most positive reviews. Lets start with the positives, the rooms preserve the original regional stone and architecture. No noise will come through the walls as they are a couple of feet thick.
Here is the list of things that you must know regarding this hotel and hope you have better luck than we did.
1) All mornings we were there there was no hot water in the morning. I had to call the front desk every morning and say "My room does not have hot water", they in reply would say " OK, we will look into turning on the pilot lights". Then, 2hrs later there was hot water. I don't know about you, but when I am on vacation the least I expect from my hotel is hot water in my room without having to wait 2hrs for water to heat up. This was really ridiculous.
2) For the safety of the guests they lock the front gate to the hotel. OK, but your room key will not let you into the hotel. Yes, you have to stand outside the hotel and ring the doorbell and hope someone is at the desk to answer the door. Otherwise you will be out on the street, in the dark, waiting, and waiting and waiting. This does happen. When I inquired about why I cannot get into my hotel, the manager stated that it is for our safety as guests loose keys and therefore they do not want people getting in. WHAT?!?!? Most hotels just reset the lost keys and print new ones. OH, and get this, during the day the main entry gate is WIDE OPEN. This is VERY safe for the guests as burglars only work at night, REALLY!!!
3) This hotel has a nice outside area with large seating areas and heating lamps. One evening we were excited to sit out there and asked the front desk if they could turn on one of the heat lamps. The response was 'Those don't work'. Come ON!!!!
Needless to say this hotel has a lot of quirks that deserve attention in order to claim the stars that they say they have.
I must say that the staff was very polite and professional.
Mr Octavio Burga, owner of this hotel, I hope that you reach out to us and refund our stay, this hotel does not deserve well paying customers for what it has to offer.

Room Tip: don't room here
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed 25 September 2014

One of the best hotels that I have seen in Peru. Stayed here 2 nights in July. The staff always smiled and always willing to help out. The hotel is walking distance to everything from the plaza to the restaurants and bars. The staff came around in the evening and presented us some fine chocolates and also came to the room with some finger food. We would readily stay here again and can only recommend this place!!! And you got to visit terrace, nice place to hangout and gather sun.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

At the time of booking we had read some comments that were highly critical of this Hotel, so we were a little concerned as we were arriving late in the day.
The Receptionist was unable to find our booing but was in contact immediately with Booking.com and we were being escorted to our room by the friendly Chef in minutes! He showed us around the room, smiled and left.
Our room had a spa which was beautiful, the bed was so comfortable and the view was towards the river.
Breakfast was delicious, with omelettes available in addition to other cooked choices. The service was friendly and unhurried.
The terrace views were pleasant and we enjoyed relaxing there in the morning after breakfast.
A special piece of gorgeousness was the Chef arriving with canapé selections and hot drinks at around 8pm.
The location of the Hotel is excellent for access to the Monastery, the Archaeological Museum and the Plaza.
The price we paid/night was astonishingly low.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple