All reviews jean louis french owner nearby park two sinks outstanding hospitality beautiful garden onsite restaurant humming birds home away from home lovely boutique residential area breakfast and dinner fellow travelers minutes walking hotel is great spacious room enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Our room was clean and spacious. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. The morning breakfast was tasty. The pool was a great surprise. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The owner was extremely helpful in trying to book a tour for us. I would recommended this hotel and wished I had one more night stay. The only con was that the hotel was about 15-20 minutes walking from the square (although I did feel safe walking back to the hotel at night). However, if it was any closer to the square it would NOT be as quiet.

Room Tip: Great Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jean-Louis_Rosa_Ana, Owner at Hotel Boutique Villa Elisa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your comments.
It was a pleasure to know you .

Yes, you are right , when we decided to build and open this hotel 7 years ago, we had various investments options, including closer to main square , but quietness and access to a large garden with colibris were a priority and we ended in this exclusive traditional neighborhood. Historical center with San Lazaro starts only 5 min away by feet .

Thanks again

Jean-Louis and the team

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Nicely located a few blocks from the square in Arequipa. Beautiful gardens in back. Hotel has been completely and beautifully renovated. Everything works! More importantly, the owner and host Jean-Louis makes the stay feel more like a family visit than a hotel visit. Excellent staff who endeavour to make things easy. We stayed going to and returning from a trek. That was a mistake. Should have chilled for a few days and enjoyed the fabulous environment. If you have a chance, stay- you'll love it

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jean-Louis_Rosa_Ana, Owner at Hotel Boutique Villa Elisa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you very much William for the recommendation.

Was a pleasure to know both of you.

All the best !

Reviewed 11 June 2018

A really lovely stay in a characterful cosy hotel. Most importantly, all the staff were fantastic - they communicated with me well in advance about airport transfers and in person, they were always friendly, helpful and professional. As I don't speak Spanish, I particularly appreciated that we could chat in English. My bedroom was quiet, comfortable and immaculately clean, looking out on a little garden filled with flowers and hummingbirds. The bathrooms were very modern. Breakfast was great. The hotel was also a 10 minute walk from the centre of town and the area felt safe. Finally, I also had the opportunity to chat to the owner Jean-Louis who was equally as welcoming as his staff. Highly recommended and I would love to stay again one day.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor looking out over the garden. It felt very safe and cosy.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jean-Louis_Rosa_Ana, Owner at Hotel Boutique Villa Elisa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you Helen for taking the time to comment your stay .

Was a pleasure to know you. I trust we will see you again for your remote sensing proects ...

All the best .

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Jean Louis was a wonderful host. Always ready to step in and help. Hotel is in a quiet neighborhood about 15 minutes from the historic district. Loved the firm mattress on the bed. I hate squishy foam mattresses! No restaurants in this residential area, but the food in the hotel is good if you don’t want to walk downtown to find a meal.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

All the best

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Great property that has a strong colonial feel and lots of ancient objects on display.
The room was nice and spacious, the bed very comfortable.
The hotel is located on a quiet and safe part of Arequipa, about 5 minutes walk away from calle Jerusalen.
Breakfast was plentiful and tasty and all the staff was amazing. The owner is French and very friendly.
I loved everything about my stay and I would like to give a special mention to the young man who works at the reception evening, night and morning. He was very, very nice, helpful and friendly. He definitely contributed to the success of my stay. So thank you!
The staff kept offering a breakfast box as I left early two days in a row which was very considerate.
A safe transport to the airport was also organised.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Jean-Louis_Rosa_Ana, Owner at Hotel Boutique Villa Elisa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thanks a lot Annick.
We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay ...
Hope to see you again .... there is much more to explore ..

All the best for coming London summer.