All reviews lovely plaza beautiful hotel min walk eggs peru wifi furniture
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very cute, well decorated and clean, in a nice neighborhood. The room is very comfortable.
The owner was very friendly and helpful with the organisation of tours in the area, and always available to answer our questions and give advice.
He also makes the best pisco sour we had in Peru!
It has hot shower and good WiFi.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Fantastic cute beautiful hotel with personal touch to the details. Location is close to Yanahuara. Breakfast was simple but delicious. Instagram junkie should visit this, you can make tons of pics for your feed!
What's more it was super value for money! Budget price for five star feeling.
Love everything about it!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Jolianda, the owner of the inn is very friendly and accommodating. Her special touch has transformed the colonial style building into some place of tranquility and art work. Lots of colour stylishly placed on furniture and other artifacts. There is a library as well as orientation booklets.
I got coffee served whenever I wanted one (included in the price), had a lovely breakfast (with eggs of my choice).
The house cat, Petunia is a beautiful princess :)
However, I stayed there in June and it was very cold, and no heater was provided in the room. I got additional blankets, but these barely kept me warm. The shower was warm and strong though.
I had an unpleasant experience with one of the staff there who only spoke Spanish and was very unfriendly & unhelpful. A man in his 50s with beard. I would not like to interact with him again.
The night porter was a very friendly chap, who's English was not particularly good either but he was helpful.
All in all a good experience at a place that is close to a lovely plaza with some amazing volcano views.

Room tip: make sure you get a heater in winter ... the rooms are cold ... apparently you can get a heater if you pay some additional money
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2016

My partner and I spent 3 nights at Azul Colonial and the hotel was fantastic. It is tastefully decorated with a lovely sun-drenched courtyard and the room was incredibly clean with a lovely big shower. For the price we paid, we did not expect to have such a standard. In addition, and most importantly, the staff were so welcoming and firendly. In particular the lovely ladu who served us breakfast and the evening porter. All the time we were met with genuine smiles and attentive service. The staff are a real credit to the hotel. I was also ill during my stay and they arranged for an English speaking Doctor to come to the hotel and assess me, which made everything so much less traumatic. I would highly reccomend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016

This is a beautiful hotel above the tranquil plaza of Yanahuara. The water was hot, the internet was mostly working (although a little dodgy in our room), and the furniture and decor was excellent. However, the hotel was super confusing about check-out times and breakfast policies. One place said breakfast was 4USD, which for a bread, bad coffee, and not-fresh juice, would have been disappointing. The hotel policies said we needed to check-out by 10 AM, and in another place said 10:30, while our reservation said 11. In any case, with a 10-ish check out and a 2:00 PM check-in, that wasn't much time to enjoy the tranquility. They wait-staff was hospitable, but we didn't get the friendliest reception. Taxi drivers don't know how to get here.

On a positive note, the view of the volcanoes from our room was spectacular, and it was very quiet. But when you're only allowed to stay for 20 hours, it puts a damper on your ability to relax.

Date of stay: August 2016