All reviews residential area noise from the street de armas minute walk charming hotel juice a great stay walking distance eggs bread incanto placa wifi peru
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This was our favorite hotel we stayed in while in Peru. It was situated in a residential area, about a 10 minute walk from the Plaza de Armes. The neighborhood felt safe and we had no problem walking back from the city center late at night.

The hotel is charming in a restored colonial house. The room was spacious, comfortable, and nicely decorated. The bathroom was updated and the shower was hot and had good pressure. There was no space heater in the room, but the extra blankets provided kept us more than warm enough, even though it was very cold at night. The room was exceptionally clean and the hotel was relatively quiet. The only downside was the noise from the street that could be hear all night, which is beyond the control of the hotel.

Reception was always pleasant and helpful and the restaurant next door provided the complimentary made to order breakfast, which was greatly appreciated.

Overall, this was a great hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: A room at the back or higher up might be more insulated from the street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Krista Z
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Inkanton is a gem in Arequipa. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by the exceptional service of Yolanda and Mari. They showed us several options for rooms (singles and doubles) to accommodate our group of 4. The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. The beds are super comfortable and the wifi fast. The rooms and bathroom are very spacious. We had a quiet room next to the reception area, facing the nicely kept garden. We were a quick taxi ride to the Placa de Armas. We will definitely stay here again. On a side note, keep small change handy for cabs - they realty have change to give.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I take small groups to this hotel and every time they are charmed and delighted. The staff are really helpful and make staying there a delight. It is round the corner from a friend's home so it is really convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not looking onto the street
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I stayed here for two nights and was delighted. I had a first (ground) floor room with an en suite bathroom. The bed was comfortable and very clean. The room overall was charming and the bathroom excellent. Breakfast was included and in the adjoining restaurant. I ate dinner there once and was very impressed. I will return on my next trip.
Walking to the Plaza des Armas was easy and nearby.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 18 June 2015

First impressions count. I parked at a spot outside the hotel and checked in. Getting the second bag out of the car the receptionist said I had to move the car to a parking lot opposite where the charge was 50 soles a day. No, I had free parking on my booking.' Oh no you don't' I was told, I had to produce the booking form I had printed to show her. Even then it was met with an 'i'll check'. Eventually accepted what my booking said but not a great start after a 550km tiring drive. Pleasant large room with TV, no a/c as not really necessary in Arequipa, toiletries, good wifi all clean and very well kept. We were requested to order breakfast and time at check in. Usual choice of tea or coffee, what juice, how do you want your eggs, bread or toast with butter and jam. All straightforward. With possibly bacon, a sausage , fruit bowl with or without granola and yoghurt. Pity they actually didn't write this down correctly so not all arrived.
Pity that first receptionist let them down twice as all other staff were pleasant and helpful.
Would I stay again?. Yes, it is clean comfortable with decent breakfast and a nice restaurant if you didn't want to walk the 10 mins to the centre to eat.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple