“Absolutely Charming!”
Review of Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
Ranked #65 of 638 Restaurants in Cuenca
Reviewed 10 March 2017

I hesitate to write this review. I want to keep this place for myself!

Quo Vadis...its food, its decor, its service, its ambience and its owners are the nth degree of charming. And it is all these things working in sync that makes it all so special. The menu is limited, there are only four tables, even the restrooms are next door (off a cute hotel lobby/bar)..but it all works perfectly. You could be sitting in any ideal neighborhood restaurant in Italy.

We were there for lunch.We shared 2 plates of carpaccio to start then dived into four different pasta dishes, a carbonara, a tomatoes and anchovies, a mushrooms with (real) truffles and a one with a vodka sauce. The T&A and the M&T were downright exceptional. Their tiramisu is the best in a town full of tiramisu.

Please, don't tell the tourists!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Great cozy little spot with great pasta! Limited menu - it changes by the night. I had an antipasta mix of cheese and meats and Mushroom Pasta. I can't wait to go back for some really great Italian food in Cuenca!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This is a sweet little restaurant, with only 4 tables, each with flowers and a table cloth. The owners are Italian, and came to Ecuador from Rome. They make a variety of pasta dishes (there is actually a menu if one persists - they seem to range from $10-15)...We ate an extremely tasty mixed salad (there are also antipastos) gorged on 2 servings of penne with shrimp. There is a good wine selection, and the owners make a variety of artesan products (cheese, chocolate, etc.) Reservations are highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I visited Quo Vadis on a quiet thursday night with my family. No menus were offered, only what was fresh on that night. We ordered some great wine and one of each dish offered so we could try each flavor of pasta. The food was amazing! Highly recommend the tiramisu - the best one I've had in Cuenca.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Quo Vadis not only offers authentic Italian cuisine, but has a host of off sales that are well worth a visit. Try their non-alcoholic limoncello, chocolate liquour and chocolate salami. My pasta was a little firmer than al dente, but with a small adjustment all their pasta dishes are fantastic! Go and enjoy!