See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I felt like I needed to read up on Don Quijote and Sancho Panza, there are statues and paintings of them all over the place. The hotel is very spacious, there is a nice room upstairs which is a bit of a social area, with paintings of Don Quijote on his horse again. The rooms have windows which open onto internal corridors, which is odd. Nice selection on TV, walls seemed a bit thin so I kept the volume low. Staff helped organise a trip to Ingapirca and provided early breakfast (5am) for when my tour group needed to leave early.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014

At the moment of the check-in, there was a problem with the reservation, that left my group of (20) classmates waiting for the main hall for around 45 minutes, until they could send us to our rooms. My double room had a window to the corridor, so I could hear what was happening at the outside.

Breakfast, very poor, consisting of bad bread (for a city that's got awesome bread), some individual sachets of margarine and jam, scrambled eggs (no second option for eggs), juice and coffee. Dinner, even worst. My two nights there, it really consisted of instant soups + pop corn, and the second dish, some rice with some meat. It's a city with a very gorgeous culinary culture, you cannot serve instant soup for your guests!

Besides that, the receptionist was a gentle young boy, with whom me and my friends spent some time talking about random things. The hotel is located in the heart of Cuenca, close to everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel is nicely situated in the old Centre of Cuenca with easy walking to cathedrals, museums and restaurants and markets. breakfasts are decent (the usual eggs, juice, coffee), rooms were quiet and clean although the first room we were offered smelled moldy and when i looked at the ceiling above the shower i could see where the smell came from. so we requested another room and they quickly accomodated and were always friendly and helpful. overall the hotel is okay...nothing special but nothing bad either. Internet was good.

Room Tip: our first room (the moldy one) was on the first floor. request one on one of the upper floors and ask for a big one. many are small.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The staff at this hotel are great. Gave us breakfast even though we were almost an hour late. Felt secure in the building with the security measures they have in place. Beautifly restored colonial with modern bathrooms. Noise was never an issue after 9 pm. The ambiance of the old colonial is worth the small distractions.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 4 March 2011

This little hotel has a good location, is one block away from the Main Plaza (Parque Calderón). Its price isn't bad considering it includes breakfast and the staff is friendly.

One of the cons is the fact that it doesn't has parking lot, and the rooms & beds are a bit small.

As every other Republican building with central patio in Cuenca, the noises from people walking inside might wake you up before you want to.

I consider this hotel as a good choice for medium range budget.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business