“GREAT APARTMENT with FABULOUS HOST”
other travellers have booked this property
Room equipped with everything you need
The guest receive them with flowers Wide variety of wines and spirits available for sale.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Room equipped with everything you need
The guest receive them with flowers
Wide variety of wines and spirits available for sale.
several english language channels, and movie collection
View of dining
The guests receive them with fresh fruits
master bedroom with queen bed, LCD 32, 2 closets and balcony
rooms with sufficient lighting. and reading light
rooms with sufficient lighting. and reading light
lighted closets
mountain view from the balcony.
bedroom with 1 or 2 full beds and large closet
bedroom with 1 or 2 full beds and large closet
Bathroom equipped with liquid soap, shampo, complete set of towels and toilet paper
Double lighting, perfect makeup, and hair dryer sockets.
Double lighting, perfect makeup, and hair dryer sockets.
Artistic Pictures made ??in Cuenca, which are for sale.
Artistic Pictures made ??in Cuenca, which are for sale.
hot water for cleaning dishes
Kitchen with oven
If you plan to cook, you have all the necessary, all are new and many of them have never been used
Kitchen with cleaning implements
Laundry Area
Distribution of the apartment
areas to run or walk from the apartment 0.6milles
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bluecoron...
Rockland, Maine
“GREAT APARTMENT with FABULOUS HOST”
Reviewed 26 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

Darwin's apartment is quite nice and well stocked with kitchen needs. It is in a very secure building with an elevator and 2 convenient grocery stores within steps of the door. The WiFI worked great and the bed was comfortable. Darwin responded to any of our questions promptly and was the best host we have ever met.

Highly recommended!

Liked best: Almost everything
Liked least: The business across the way that had an alarm going off on a holiday weekend
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
30 Nov 2014
Rebecca & Steve were excellent guests, they were just under 2 weeks. very careful with everything in the apartment. Always be welcome, I send many blessings and you recover soon. Guests highly recommended!
Margarita...
Hollywood, Florida
“Everything was outstanding”
Reviewed 4 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Since we arrived in Cuenca, everything was beautiful, the city is very colonial and have lots of restaurants and things to do.
The best of all was Darwin apartment, location was perfect, about 15 minutes from the center, with very cheap taxis and busses to go there.
The apartment is new with all the facilities, beautiful furniture.
Downstairs is a store that you can find anything you need. There is a stylist salon that you can do your hair, manicure, pedicure with Sandra at very affordable prices next to the store.
The building have elevator wish is a plus, because the apartment is in the 4th floor.
Darwin is very good at taking care of everything you need to know about Cuenca.
Definetely I will choose this apartment again.

Your age range 50-64
10 Oct 2014
Eleanor and her husband is a lovely couple. They took the most of your stay, visiting places, churches, museums, restaurants and even making friends in the same building. They were extremely careful with all the equipment of the apartment. Before leaving town we had a short chat where they displayed their joy in telling your stay in the City. With regard to the apartment I have nothing negative to report. Guests highly recommended. Always be welcome.
JimfromGu...
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Great Owner, Great Apartment!!”
Reviewed 23 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I've rented from Darwin before. He is always courteous and helpful!! I was late arriving due to having to take care of a large group that I was in charge of. Darwin responded to my call almost instantly. We also had to leave early in the morning and notified him at the last moment, he was just as nice as if I'd informed him the day I arrived.

The apt. is great with good hot water, washer and dryer, equipped kitchen, comfortable sofa, nice beds, and a great dining table. There is a nice view and the building is modern and easily accessible. I'd recommend this to anyone!! Reserve the apt. and enjoy Cuenca!!

Liked best: Owner/Comfort
Liked least: Nothing!
Older travelers Families with young children
26 Sep 2014
Jim and his family are lovely people, very careful with all the menage, upon receiving the apartment, everything was in place, will always be a pleasure to have in any of my properties. Recommended guests 100%
RebeccaNi...
San Antonio, Texas
“Safe and comfortable home away from home”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The other reviews pretty much sum it up but I would like to emphasize that the apartment does have everything you need and is very safe and comfortable. It looks just as pictured. Darwin is an excellent host who does everything he can to accommodate you and it is very important to him that you have a good stay in Cuenca. He was very helpful to us and we appreciate very much that he went the extra mile to help us resolve any issues we had such as with our lost luggage at the airport. He and his wife are very good and kind people.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Darwin's willingness to help us when needed
Liked least: a little farther from the center of town than I would have liked and elevator did not work 4 times during our stay
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
12 Aug 2014
had we wanted to spend more time with Rebecca and her lovely mother. They were excellent guests. share good times and enjoyed a dinner with typical food of the region. With the apartment were very careful, I have nothing to claim. They were in a time of cold and let me know a time and give them an electric heater that facilitated your stay. Invited 100% recommended. I hope to have them back soon for Ecuador, here are many wonders to explore.
Shelby L
Rangely, Colorado
“Like coming to my home away from home.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We chose this property due to the reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. It absolutely lived up to it's advertising photos. The owners picked us up at the airport, drove us to the apartment and oriented us. The apartment was extremely nicely appointed, with great touches like fresh fruit on the dining table for us, a fully stocked wine rack and bar. Even fresh spices in the kitchen for cooking! The building is modern and safe. There is a small market actually located in building, with everything from beer to laundry detergent to fresh bread, and it is open late every night. While the clerks there only speak Spanish they were very patient with my rudimentary efforts and we communicated easily. The one thing I would change about this apartment is the location. Most of the sightseeing is done in Old Town which is about a 10 minute cab ride away. The good news is that it is ridiculously easy to catch a taxi outside the building and it only costs $2.50 - $3.00 to get just about anywhere you'd want to go. Also, by being a bit away from downtown it was certainly quieter and it gave us an opportunity to more fully immerse ourselves in the culture (and really isn't that the point of visiting another country?)

To top off our stay, on the day we checked out we had several hours to kill before our flight, so Darwin, our host, graciously volunteered to spend several hours with us driving us to the most beautiful National Park in the mountains above the city. We never would have even known about this place otherwise. Darwin just wanted to show us another side of Cuenca. I can hardly wait for my next opportunity to visit, and when I do I know exactly where I'll be staying.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The graciousness of our hosts. They REALLY wanted to be sure we were comfortable.
Liked least: The location. I would like to have been closer to the action, but I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Older travelers
1 Aug 2014
Shelby and his sons were great guests, very friendly, I was able to spend a few hours together for Llaviuco lagoon. When they left the apartment everything was in order. 100% recommend guests. I hope to have them back soon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing